It's still early days for WLAN in Munich
. It's not like every bar and cafÃ© has the facility, not by a long shot. Nonetheless, new hotspots
are continuing to pop up regularly. A few have big HOTSPOT signs outside. Most, however, don't advertise themselves quite so obviously.
Free HotSpots in Munich
Internet access should be like fresh air, i.e. free for all.
- The Arc Pub - Schraudolphstr. 24, Maxvorstadt
- The Munich Readery - Augustenstrasse 104, Maxvorstadt
- Kaffee&Mehr - Viktualienmarkt, Zentrum
- CafÃ© am Beethovenplatz - Goethestr. 51, Isarvorstadt
- Zoozie'z - Wittelbacher str. 15, Isarvorstadt
- Cafe Uhu - Theresienstr. 138, Maxvorstadt
- Waschsalon Lindwurmstr. - Lindwurmstr. 124, Sendling, a laundrette with WiFi
- CafÃ© Neuhausen - Blutenburgstr. 106, Neuhausen
- Aeroplan - Heideckstr. 12, Neuhausen
- Frosch KÃ¶nig - Nymphenburgstr. 110, Neuhausen, U1: Maillingerstr.
- Armani Shop & Cafe - FÃ¼nf HÃ¶fe shopping centre
- Hard Rock Cafe - Platzl 1, City Center
- Kilian's Irish Pub & Ned Kelly's Australian Bar - Frauenplatz, city center (get a code from the staff)
- Milchhausl - kiosks in the English Gardens near UniversitÃ¤t (must obtain code from staff)
- Tahitian Noni Cafe, Sonnenstrasse 9, U-Bahn Karlsplatz, 089 255519 310
- Cafe an der Uni - LudwigstraÃŸe 24 80539, U-Bahn UniversitÃ¤t, 089 28986600 (get a code from the staff)
HotSpots with surcharge
Surcharge? Screw that!
- Cafe Puck - TÃ¼rkenstr. 33, Schwabing (used to be free, isn't any more)
- CAST - Leopoldstr. 28, Schwabing (AOL subscription service, or â‚¬2 per hour, not sure)
- CafÃ© am Nordbad - Schleissheimerstr., Schwabing (is often broken, or is only for AOL subscribers)
- San Francisco Coffee Company- 11 branches in Munich, a day pass for is â‚¬3 euros and works very well. You gotta get the password from the staff.
- Coffee Fellows - Several branches in Munich (As of 2006, Leopoldstr. doesn't charge any more. Not sure about other locations)
- Hauptbahnhof 1st class waiting room - "rail&mail", â‚¬5.50 per hour
- Meyerbeer Coffee, Rindermarkt 15
- Seehaus Beergarden - English Gardens, â‚¬3 per hour, ask the cashier for an 'E-Karte'
- Chinese Tower Beergarden - as Seehaus above.
- Luigi Tambosi - Odeonsplatz, via hot-spot-zone.de
T-online/t-mobile/T-com also have hotspots all over the place, thought their legendarily awful website does its best to hide this information from you. At time of writing, jan 2007, a search for the word "hotspot" on t-online.de bought back a set of results, the vast majority of which simply led to 404 pagenotfound errors. Shockingly poor.Anyway, this address is from map24 rather than t-online, so perhaps it will remain vaild a little longer...
Hotspots from T-com
You put in an address, and get a list of t-online hotpots nearby. There are loads and loads in Munich, McDonalds and Starbucks all use t-online acces points. There are a number of charging options, and they probably change every 5 minutes just like the website, so I wont list them here. If you are already a t-online customer, you can probably use the hotspots with your t-online username, but seeing as that is normally a 70 character sequence suffixed by "@t-online.de" you've probably forgotten it.
HotSpots with unknown deals
- Times Square, Hauptbahnhof
- Annabar, SchÃ¼tzenstr. 1, City Center
- CafÃ© an der Uni (CADU) - Universitaet, LudwigstraÃŸe, Schwabing
AOL provided HotSpots
To AOL subscribers only...
- Cafe VoilÃ¡ - WÃ¶rthstr. 5
- CafÃ© Lido, Maxburgstr. 4
- Huiras, Camerloherstr. 67
- ParkcafÃ©, Sophienstr. 7
- Villanis, Kreuzstr. 3b
- Wiener's, Ottostr. 5
- Wiener's im Beck, Marienplatz
This page has been viewed 18,624 times.