means the closing of a thread of discussion in the chat forum
to further replies. Topics are occasionally closed by the moderation team
for one of the following reasons:
- The topic has become too long. There is no fixed maximum length for a topic, but as a general rule anything over 15 pages (300 posts) is a candidate for closure.
- The topic has become old and tired. Again, there is no fixed time period for a topic, but any discussion that is about a week old or older is a candidate for closure.
- The topic has descended into a flame war or has otherwise become so far off topic that it is beyond help from the moderation team.
- The topic was relevant only on a specific day and is now out-of-date.
- The topic was a classified advert that has now been closed by the original advertiser.
- Note that all "job offered" posts are always closed to replies.
If you find that a topic is closed and you don't know why, or you have an objection to it being closed, please use the report function
on the first post in the topic. Do not
, under any circumstances, start a new topic to ask why a previous topic was closed. All such new topics are liable for immediate removal without notice.
This page has been viewed 4,589 times.