The Olympia Einkaufszentrum
is a shopping centre in the north of Munich, Moosach
, west of the Olympiapark
. It is also known as the OEZ for short. OEZ is Munich's largest shopping mall.
It can be reached by U-Bahn lines U1
directly to the Olympia Einkaufszentrum stop. Alternatively S-bahn S1 to Moosach, and then the bus 50/51. Other buses that go there include the 60, 143 and 175.
Don't confuse Olympia Einkaufs
zentrum with Olympiazentrum!
There is also a large amount of car parking (first hour for free, further hours @ 60 cents per hour).
There are lots of shops, including
- Galeria Kaufhof
- S Oliver
- Body Shop
- Hugendubel (books)
- Drogerie Markt
- Sports Scheck
- many other smaller clothes shops
- several top end jewellers, and several cheaper bracelet and ring type places
- Edeka supermarket
- a stationers
- a pet shop
- photo developers
- and much more besides!
One good point is the hairdressers - they're open until 20:00 Monday to Saturday for the late after work cut. The same goes for the pharmacy, they're open when others have shut for the night (or weekend).
The food choice isn't too bad, in addition to the Edeka supermarket, there's a Hopfpisterei (organic baker's), Schlemmer (meat, cheese), Nordsee (fish), and a small food hall in the basement level of Karstadt. There are also a number of takeaway snack food places (the Chinese place is pretty good and relatively cheap).
Opposite the shopping centre itself, on Hanauerstr (by the U-bahn station) are:-
- Saturn (electrical/electronic goods for the "average" person)
- Conrad (electrical/electronic mail order chain - hobbists will find components here)
- Sports Experts (big sporting clothing and equipment shop)
- DÃ¤nisches Bettenlager (home furnishings, it's behind McDonalds)
- This & That (bits and pieces for home and presents)
- The Music Store (for musical instruments and associated things)
- McDonald's restaurant
This page has been viewed 36,677 times.