is a town just to the north of Munich. The S-Bahn
passes through here. It is one stop north of Feldmoching
and six stops short of Munich Airport
Amongst other things, Oberschleissheim is the home of the pharmaceuticals company Organon
The name Schleissheim refers to the palace just a five minute walk from the S-Bahn stop. The palace consists of three parts: The Altes Schloss, Neues Schloss, and Schloss Lutheim.
The Altes Schloss dates from 1617-1623, built by Duke Wilhelm V.
The Neues Schloss dates from 1701-1719, built by Elector Max II Emanuel
Schloss Lutheim dates from 1684-1689, built by Duke Wilhelm V
Elector Max II had hoped to be the Holy Roman Emperor, and so had the Neues Schloss built to rule from. However, he never did gain the title and so the palace has become nearly forgotten. The size of the structures themselves and the scope of the art and grounds are very similar to Schloss Nymphenburg.
Towns in GermanyMunich
This page has been viewed 9,151 times.