's central square. Note that there is also a square called Marienplatz in the nearby town of Freising
, as well as one in Pasing
. There is also a tram stop on Line 17 direction Effnerplatz called Mariannenplatz, which causes much confusion to foreign guests. Munich's town hall (in German: Rathaus
) is located on Marienplatz, as is the famous Glockenspiel
. You can see a live view of Marienplatz via the webcams
Shopping on Marienplatz:
- a branch of Hugendubel - the book store. On the top floor there is a coffee shop where you can drink coffee and read a book.
- Ludwig Beck - a clothing store. They also sell classical CDs on the top floor.
- Wormland - clothing
- Galeria Kaufhof - giant department store
- O2 - mobile phones
- Swarovski - jewellery and crystals
- Tourist Information Office (near the entrance of the town hall/Ratshaus)
Restaurants and cafÃ©s:
Google satellite view: Marienplatz
MunichStreets of Munich
This page has been viewed 50,034 times.