How to post an image to TT
There are two sections of the Toytown Germany website to which readers can post image files. These are the "wiki" and the chat forum
. Most readers wish to post to the chat forum, so we'll deal with that first.
- Take your image file and make sure it is saved to your own computer's hard-drive. If you have found an image elsewhere on the web you should right-click the image, then select "save as" to save the image locally on your own computer.
- Ensure that the image is less than 250Kb in file size. This is the maximum allowed. If the file size is too large you can use image editing software such as Photoshop or Paintshop Pro, or use this online resizer. Resize the image to something less than 400px wide by 400px high, and save as a JPEG file with at least 15% compression.
- Then start your post to the TT chat forum. If you don't yet know how to make a post, read the page: How to post a message
- At almost the bottom of the post page there is a box titled "Attachments". See the screenshot below. "Attachments" is the function used to post images.
- Click the button labelled "Browse".
- Select the image file from your computer's harddrive then click "open".
- You should now see your file name in the textbox.
- Click the button "UPLOAD". This will upload the file to the Toytown Germany webserver.
- Click the drop down list entitled "Manage Current Attachments" above the "UPLOAD" button. In here you can choose to add your file to the post or delete the file.
- When you add the file it will appear in the post something like this: , where pic1.jpg is your filename.
- Once you have finished typing and pressed the "Add Reply" button, your image will be included in the post.
By default the attached image will be included at the top of the post. If you wish, you can also place your image elsewhere within the text by moving the 
tag to the place where the image should be.
- do not upload any images for which you do not have copyright permission to use. If you are caught violating copyright the image will be deleted from your post and your account may be suspended. Please err on the side of caution. If in doubt, do not post - or ask a member of the moderation team
Do not use the IMG tag
- the chat forum software also has a feature called the "IMG tag". This is used for hotlinking images from a remote webserver. Hotlinking is mostly bad and should be exercised only by advanced users who know what they are doing - even then only with extreme restraint. Always try to post images as attachments, not IMG hotlinks. If you don't know how to use the IMG hotlink feature, don't worry, you don't need to know.
This page has been viewed 7,628 times.