Flights between Munich and the UK
Airlines flying Munich - UK
- easyJet - fly from Munich to Stansted and have flights as low as â‚¬30 one-way. The Express train from Stansted costs from â‚¬30 return and takes on average 46 minutes. Worse still, the "cheap" flights almost always land so late that you cannot get all the way home before the trains stop for the night, i.e. you get stuck somewhere in the middle of London. They also fly direct to Edinburgh. Book well in advance as it's not particularly cheap if you don't, less than Euro 150 if you book about two months in advance.
- Ryan Air
- Air Berlin
Direct flights between Munich and the UK are offered by the following airlines:
- British Airways - flies direct to London (Heathrow), Manchester
- Lufthansa - flies direct to (London (Heathrow, City), Manchester, Birmingham)
- Easyjet - Now fly direct to Edinburgh and Stansted.
- Air Berlin - 2008 service started to Stansted and Manchester
Options for indirect flights between Munich and the UK involve change overs at:
- Amsterdam (AMS) - with KLM
- Paris (CDG) - with Air France
- Brussels (BRU) - with SN (was Sabena)
- Zurich - With Swiss
International Airports in the UK
- London Heathrow (LHR) - south, direct with BA, Lufthansa
- London Gatwick (LHR) - south, direct with BA, Lufthansa
- Stanstead - south, direct with easyJet
- Manchester - north, direct with BA, Lufthansa
- Birmingham - midlands, direct with BA, Lufthansa
- Liverpool - north
- Newcastle - north, fly direct with HLX
- Glasgow (GLA) - Scotland, no direct flights from Munich
- Edinburgh (EDI) - Scotland, *NEW ROUTE* direct to EDI.
Airports near Munich
An alternative to flying directly to or from Munich might be to fly via a nearby airport and then take a connecting train or bus. Nearby airports are: Salzburg, Frankfurt, Nuremberg , Innsbruck, Friedrichshafen
1hr on the train, costs â‚¬25, Bayern Ticket and SchÃ¶nes Wochenende are both valid on this trip. flybe.com
do pretty cheap flights, but only between Salzburg and Southampton or Birmingham. Fares as low as as low as â‚¬40 one-way. ryanair.ie
fly to Stansted from Salzburg too and sometimes it's only 10 Euros each way. thomsonfly.com
were offering a good service to Coventry in 2007, not known if that continues. Salzburg is an expanding airport and tends to have a lot more services in the winter for the skiing.
2-4 hrs on the train from Munich. Ryanair flies from Frankfurt-Hahn, which is nowhere near Frankfurt and involves a substantial expenditure of time and money to get there.
A reasonable option to London is using Air Berlin
which flies from Nuremberg.
Online Flight Booking
The following websites are online travel agents. They offer booking of flights between Munich and the UK, as well as all other destinations of course:
Good sources to look for the cheapest options for direct flights are: