Other sites:  Austria · Denmark · France · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland · thelocal.de · englishforum.ch
Welcome to Toytown Germany, an English-language community website for Germany. Over 1,500 English-speakers are currently active members. Read the introduction, view the members map, or jump right into the discussion forum.
625 posts, 09:55 hrs
Mik have you never been in an apartment that housed a smoker? getting that smell out of all the "impermeable" surfaces is a major undertaking that no amount of normal washing will fix. This is not…
13 posts, 08:49 hrs
There are so many German dog rescue webpages offering dogs from all southern and eastern European countries, it's unbelievable. Only the lucky ones find a home, the rest are destroyed after a certain…
6 posts, 08:33 hrs
That's called welfare state. By paying money to long term unemployed you save money on police and crime prevention. There are other advantages as well. We already have one US in the world. We do…
3 posts, 07:37 hrs
You are several years out of date on that. Berlin is now the software powerhouse of europe and is desperately searching for more and more IT talent. Right now being able to spell HTML is about all…
46 posts, 05:29 hrs
While this is the tactics of most German police, it is not efficient in all cases. Police in Nuremberg could not stop the NSU group from killing foreigners until it was too late. Because they…
2 posts, 02:22 hrs
I suppose they are retaining a room so that they can live there? It's not normal, never heard of it. But I don't see why paying would make you an "abnormally destructive tenant" either.
15 posts, 23:55 yesterday
This is one more advantage to love real women, not kids. There is not much difference between a 16 year old and 24. They are still kids even when you legally can bang them. Donald Trump and the…
20 posts, 23:14 yesterday
Hi tracywong, maybe its a bit stupid to ask this question because everyone knows Berlin is a safe city I thought it was a good question and not at all stupid. OK, I'm replying quite a long…
71 posts, 21:01 yesterday
A bed is maybe a little more personal than a parking space though I would agree that the owner of the space is in his full right to keep it empty if he so chooses. Maybe he has someone who visits off…
21 posts, 20:17 yesterday
What is not in the report: crime in Bavarian schools is 6% up in 2017 in comparison to 2016. 8356 cases registered, 60% solved (Bavaria wide 64.4% crimes are solved excluding immigration). Most…
7 posts, 20:15 yesterday
No, since their fees are regulated by law, and normally people know that and that a bill will follow. For clients who do not have a business, Steuerberater have the same fee for an initial meeting…
22 posts, 19:47 yesterday
Quick reminder: Please allow an extra 10 minutes to walk down to platform 6. There is currently a diversion and you cannot walk along platform 11 to get to platform 6 but have to walk along…
34 posts, 18:44 yesterday
Amazon prime UK caught up and now Geoblock .. ah well, it was good whilst it lasted. Only PITA is that I was halfway through the Falling Water series 2 which is not on Prime DE yet 
17 posts, 13:26 yesterday
Thanks, yourkeau. Wurden, were. Wurden, were. Wurden, were .... One of these days this stuff will remain in memory and, hopefully, be retrieved when required. BTW, I tried to find the transcrip…
1,446 posts, 12:30 yesterday
If you have a collection of eye drops on your desk to use every day, several times a day- make sure you don't have Tippex close by😂...the little dispensers look deceptively similar!
1 posts, 10:33 yesterday
Hey guys/girls Does anyone know an affordable laser hair removal centre or clinic in Munich? Also, could you update me on the current prices? because when I searched here the last prices were in…
587 posts, 10:05 yesterday
- you do realise that there is a thread especially for bacon, don't you? toytowngermany.com/forum... Last weekend I made a lovely Maccaroni Cheese with the strong cheddar from Aldi - it tasted…
33 posts, 08:15 yesterday
I envy Mr. Bofrost his job in summer. One such came to our overheated workplace in summer and I said to him, 'Lucky you, when it's too hot out you can just open that vent behind your driver's eat and…
1,675 posts, 06:39 yesterday
I noticed that too. I wanted to buy ripple but all the currencies go up and down together so I just bought some bitcoin instead anyway. I also noticed that the share price of blockchain companies…
12 posts, 20 April
I'm maintaining a super long list of job search resources here: allaboutberlin.co... It's centered around Berlin, but many of the links also work for you. Good luck with your search!
13 posts, 20 April
Now it's my turn to say sorry for the late reply! Here is a link to the invitation for the next meeting of the international group: nebenan.de/public_feed/3... This time it exceptionally takes…
1 posts, 20 April
Season's opening party at the swimming club DSV98 in Duisburg Celebrate with us the start of a hopefully nice outdoor swimming season and grab information about everything the club offers – in…
2,797 posts, 20 April
For my daughter's Firmung, Jamie Oliver Cheesecake. Everyone loved it. munchiesandmunchkins.com... Fantastic day, awesome idyllic beergarden and women in dirndls. Cleavage City! And in…
20 posts, 20 April
Cod and Crisps please, €20. That must of hurt, I don't think anyone is a regular their, it's just to far away from anywhere, but the beer selection is great, the guy who runs the place is convinced…
10 posts, 20 April
Since my move I can walk to work, so I'm no longer dependent on public transport - so hadn't heard about this yet. Sorry, but I honestly don't think it's realistic to have the meetup if public…
554 posts, 20 April
Btw, my place, if bad weather, is around Isartor s-bahn station. And meeting at the Kiosk is to eventually head towards sitting along the Isar. So you may also want to bring something to sit on.
32 posts, 20 April
It's about time that we get another trivia night organised, perhaps even before the end of the month! How about it? Any takers? Should be fun, last time we came in second place!
6 posts, 20 April
The subject of the article is not the one being taken over... it is the one taking over. Because they have to close the main premises they have acquired 'others' in the city. Details are a bit off…
5 posts, 20 April
Hi MunichMom, I have a pile of books (over 90 varied and over 50 IT ) non-fiction and fiction ( toytowngermany.com/fo... that I'm wanting to give away to a good home/cause. Are you still taking…
Read more: Latest forum posts »
The Local Germany
Finally home, Bundesbank

Finally home, Bundesbank's gold goes on show

All that glitters is definitely gold in a new exhibition at Germany's central bank that lifts the veil on the nation's massive reserves of the precious metal, partly to reassure sceptics that the prized ingots are really there.

Two German tourists killed in Peru bus crash: police

Two German tourists killed in Peru bus crash: police

Two German tourists died and 12 other people were injured Friday when their minibus fell into a ravine on an Andean road in southern Peru, police said.

The Local reaches 2,000 Members - will you be next?

The Local reaches 2,000 Members - will you be next?

Today 2,000 readers of our sites in France, Germany and Sweden have become paying Members – and half that number has joined in the past month.

Neo-Nazis to gather for

Neo-Nazis to gather for 'SS festival' on Hitler's birthday

Hundreds of neo-Nazis were expected to congregate on Friday, which marks Adolf Hitler's birthday, for a two-day festival in a small eastern German town where anti-fascist groups have vowed counter-protests.

'A short bang': Berlin police give all-clear after WWII bomb defused near main station

Thousands of people around Berlin's central railway station were evacuated on Friday to allow disposal experts to defuse an unexploded World War II explosive unearthed on a building site.

Stuttgart police arrest top Porsche manager over diesel scandal

Stuttgart police arrest top Porsche manager over diesel scandal

Police in Stuttgart have detained a Porsche manager in a probe into the diesel emissions cheating scandal that the luxury car brand's parent company Volkswagen has struggled to shed.