Other sites:  Austria · Denmark · France · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland · thelocal.de · englishforum.ch
Welcome to Toytown Germany, an English-language community website for Germany. Over 1,500 English-speakers are currently active members. Read the introduction, view the members map, or jump right into the discussion forum.
3 posts, 20:59 hrs
Hello guys I am alone in munich,if anyone alone out there who want to visit oktober fest tommorow 22nd sept 2019 and no company, please inbox me if you want..we can join... regards
52 posts, 20:35 hrs
I knew a case where a Zeitarbeiter cut himself at work. As he had been employed less than a month the agency refused to pay his sick days and told him to get them from the Krankenkasse. He did. They…
5 posts, 20:30 hrs
Is it a plug-in or a self-charging? Plug-in usually has a large battery and a backup petrol engine (not sure if this has a normal capacity tank, but I would expect smaller to make more room for…
12 posts, 20:25 hrs
Am I reading this wrong, or does this not apply as I was a professional soldier (Berufssoldaten)? : (1) Versicherungsfrei sind 1. Beamte und Richter auf Lebenszeit, auf Zeit oder auf Probe,…
5 posts, 19:56 hrs
When I moved to my current apartment, I also bought the previous tenant's kitchen. She had me sign a contract stating I would buy it, along with a few other things she left behind. I payed half of it…
4 posts, 19:29 hrs
Ok. When I thought about what has happened in the post bank branch, the employee briefly looked at my letter from Deutsche Post, went behind, quickly came back, telling me with a very rude mood that…
99 posts, 19:27 hrs
I would have thanked her for the information and asked her what country *her* adoptive parents had hailed from because she sounds like an expert on being messed up and confused.
4 posts, 19:10 hrs
I recently made a purchase of a electronic device from Mediamarkt through online which worth 150 Euro before a week. They sent my package through DHL, Next day in the DHL tracking I see the…
4 posts, 16:24 hrs
hi i found this information on the kfz authorithy website vv.rhein-sieg-kreis.de/v... So this implies I dont need to have any changes in Zulassungsbescheinig... Teil II. and I need only…
7 posts, 15:10 hrs
Am I correct in thinking typical fees charged by a Steuerberater are some percentage of turnover? That this is regulated by law etc? For example, this seems to be explained here:…
46 posts, 13:55 hrs
Good news my friends I have found Melanie! she lost contact vith the site because she moved for personal reasons. I wouldlike to thank all the nice people for tryng for tryng to help me giiving me…
76 posts, 13:26 hrs
Thomas Cook has collapsed leaving 150,000 of its customers currently abroad relying on the UK’s biggest ever peacetime operation to get them home and its 21,000 staff with no job this morning.
10 posts, 13:13 hrs
No, but it's better than nothing and gives people time to decide what's best for them i.e. stay abroad and shop around for the best/cheapest healthcare or possibly return to the UK. It's far from…
5 posts, 11:30 hrs
I don't see what the MIL did? She seems to be entirely brilliant in this drama. OP, agreeing with the others, stick the money in the baby's bank account or piggybank or whatever she has.
174 posts, 11:08 hrs
Hi all, With regards to this landlord's confirmation form (Wohnungsgeberbestätigu... zur Vorlage bei der Meldebehörde). My partner & I have bought an apartment in Munich which we will…
14 posts, 08:07 hrs
Hi, We are a German/Portuguese family looking for a Portuguese, German or English speaking babysitter. Our boys are 4 and 6, and we are looking for somebody to help with school pickups and/or…
11 posts, 22:37 yesterday
Erm I remember trying to call a company in Switzerland (French speaking area). I wanted to enquire whether they do offer jobs to students. My French being far from perfect I rehearsed a few opening…
5 posts, 20:53 yesterday
well, if you have a native speaker for a tandem partner they usually do know what they're doing, in terms of speaking their own language. If you're a good match, ability-wise, it also gives you a…
41 posts, 18:06 yesterday
That's exactly what you're doing - no German spouse, no German citizenship for you after just 3 years. Are you sure you're a lawyer yourself? Did you graduate one of the accredited…
8 posts, 07:23 yesterday
Hey. What about letters from elderly relatives and friends who are forgetful. My postie here redilivered them to me for years. Do not be so boring and pedantic. Can you imagine your mother doing this…
1 posts, 21 September
Hi all, Just for info: Just before brexit hits there are a slew of Q&A info events in cooperation with British embassy / German officials / British in Germany. So if you've got a…
3 posts, 21 September
I’d also be interested in any personal electrician recommendat... as my doorbell is broken.. My landlord wants to stay away from Myhammer as he says it just makes everyone try to outbid each…
2 posts, 21 September
So I am freshly moved back to the US after just over a year of marriage to a German woman. We are on relatively peaceful terms, but I am a bit nervous about handling the divorce. I basically have…
11 posts, 21 September
And? That's nothing too unusual. As mentioned, you can add it in your tax return. I think most people don't have money to throw around like this. But IIRC, housing property you own *but which you…
18 posts, 21 September
If it ever goes further then just be very apologetic and say something like: "My son, although not hurt, was quite upset and had tears streaming down his face, so I just wanted to get him home as…
8 posts, 20 September
Munich is great. I am still on job search lists so I get a ton of mail from jobs in Munich and often am contacted by recruiters. However Munich is very expensive and even places in commutable…
1,276 posts, 20 September
He's not German, so his name doesn't rhyme with cheese. Must be those amazing Bavarian radio DJs. I always pronounced it oh-KAY-seck. It's "Ric", by the way, not "Rick" (sorry to pick that nit).
58 posts, 20 September
To be fair, I did ask them if I could take the subsidized language course, but they told me I didn't need it (I really did). So, I was surprised (and a bit disappointed), but I didn't want to argue.
3 posts, 20 September
I agree. Also add the date by which you need everything gone...otherwise, people ponder too long even if items are free. Where we are, an ad title like 'Haushaltsauflösu... bis ../../19' usually…
Read more: Latest forum posts »
The Local Germany