Gyms and sports clubs in Munich

154 posts in this topic

MunichGym: Caution with this "service"!

Don't join based on just verbal communication and promises!

As a response to simple, matter-of-fact remarks from you, these guys might expel you in a pretty rough way and not return your advanced payments!

Hi

I am looking for a gym which have good boxing classes / Cardio kick boxing and the like. All i find are gyms with maybe one or two boxing classes per week on hours that not always fit in to my work schedule. I used to go about 4 days a week when living in Washington and would love to do so again!

Any one have any ideas? Preferably not too far from Solln where i live and work but if need be, I'll travel the distance :-)

Thanks!

I have tried to research this based on the thread, but with so many gyms closing, I am not having much luck.

Are there "full service" types of gyms here that offer fitness courses/machines, weight machines, pool, child care center, cafe, spa, etc? We had a membership like this before we moved and loved spending time there with the family. It seems like pools and gyms are frequently not together? We live in Lehel, so would prefer on the U4/5 lines or on the Tram 17 line, but can be flexible for the right place.

Thanks!

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Hi all living in Munich :)

I am Danish but moving to Munich in June for work and looking for an ideal fitness center!!

I LOVE adventure sports like watersports, rowing skiing and climbing but I guess thats more possible on weekend basis. So I need a new workout center for my daily training.

Important factors:

- Motivating and skilled trainers

- Flexibility in amount of sessions in mornings/evenings

- Nice environment and equipment

- A social Club with possibility of new aquaintances.

Any of you who can recommend a good place worth joining?

Thanks a lot :)

Cecilie.

Hi Cecilie,

I highly recommend my gym. They are a fitness and combat club with morning, evening and weekend classes. Everyone is really friendly and everyone who works there speaks English.

Their website is www.privee-sportsclub.de

Best, Claudia

Hey all was wondering is anyone is a member at fitness first black label or M.i.s.s fitness isartor, and can tell me from your experiences there if the club is of good quality?

My boyfriend and I are looking to join a gym and these are the two we are choosing between.

Also Open to other options if you can vouch for a gym near the isartor/marienplatz area!

Cheers Toytowners!

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone is or has been a member of the gym/fitness studio at Arabella park? It is near to where I am going to be living and it does look good on the website but I'd welcome any first-hand reviews!

Does anyone know of gyms in Munich that specialize in giving you a full workout plan (Training and diet included) to match a certain goal over a time period, if its weight loss or muscle gain?

Have been weight training and running for a long time but i am looking for a new diet and training routine from a professional.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Most gyms offer this but for a fee ie hire a Personal Trainer who has done a weekend course :P

My advice would be to choose a gym close to either your work or home then you have no excuses for not going. Start a basic full body strength program 3 times a week, that has progression and dont change it for 6 months. Eat healthy non processed food and drink plenty of Augustiner.

All this you can found out for yourself via the internet without paying an expensive PT for the same advice or probably worse advice.

Thats just my humble opinion.

Hi there! Anyone who is interested to take over my contract at Fit-Star? Expires takeover 12 months, but it saves you the registration fee of 29.90 €.and 16.80 euro montly Only need to go together in a studio and can transfer the. If interested PM me

Hi all, does anyone have experience of Body + Soul at Alte Heide (or elsewhere in Munich)? I liked my free trial but it's at the limit of my budget with the longest contract, so I wanted to see if anyone had any strong opinions. Of most interest to me are the classes, general atmosphere, and the availability of machines in fitness studio (weekday early mornings or evenings). Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hi,

Anyone have any recent reviews for FitnessFirst at Marienplatz in Munich?

The monthly charge is €84.99+, which is more than 4x what I pay now at FitStar.

Is FitnessFirst worth the high cost?

Does anyone know if the Olympic fitness centre still offers a daily admission rate? On their website, it only lists a monthly option for a 12- or 24-month membership. As a student who's only in town for a few months, I'm having a tough time finding something that fits my budget and short stay here...

Hello All,

I want to transfer my Body up fitness Membership. It is for 5 months until May. You can use the all the Body up studios in Munich. By taking up the membership you avoid paying the registration fees of appx. 125€. Per week cost - 18.50€.

If you want you can always extend the contract for a longer period. Incase any one is looking for a new gym to join let me know. 

Please ping me if interested or if you need any details.