Gyms and sports clubs in Munich

154 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a gym where the classes are more than prancing in front of a step with some fussy choreography and calling it step aerobics??Im a member of nr1 in Freising and have yet to find one of their classes which is physically strenuous.Their saunas are good but I personnally visit for a good workout!!

My women's gym offers great workouts, but its by Leuchtenbergerring. Fit for Life Princess on Steinhauserstr. Love the Abs, Legs and Butt workout! :huh:

Hello :)

Can anybody recommend me a basic, but somewhat easily accessable gym? I don't need anything fancy, mainly free weights and some hammer strength machines. Don't need any cardio equipment. If anybody knows any of that are clean and have a large assortment of dumbbells, a contact/name would be greatly appreciated.

The closer to an U/S-bahn station would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Wilson

Topics merged by admin

a large assortment of dumbbells, a contact/name would be greatly appreciated.

try EditorBob at ToytownGermany.com :ph34r:

Question:

For those of you that workout at the McFit inbetween Donnersbergerbrüke and Laim train station, is there an easy way from Donnersbergerbrüke station to the McFit or is it a real quick walk?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Wilson

If you are looking for more of a weights gym rather than cardio stuff then I really like the Steffan sports studio. They have a good selection of heavy free weights and 2 rooms of machines. They have a cardio section , spinning room and hall for step etc if that is what you are into. They have 2 gyms, the first and biggest is on Rosenheimer strasse, but it isn't so close to Rosenheimer platz , you need to get on the U2 and there is a stop nearby (Karl Priess strasse maybe)... can't remember the exact name of the station, but it should be on the web site.

http://www.stefansportcenter.de/

The second one is in Unterhaching, which in my case is really close to where I work so I can use both on the same membership.

take it easy

EDIT, it is Karl preis platz on the U2, also close to Ostbahnhof, there is a map on the web site

hey cool! thanks so much! that is looking about perfect right now. do you mind me asking how much a membership is by chance if I were to sign up for a 1 year contract?

I'm just looking for a basic, but nice, no frills gym. I do cardio outdoors so I have no need for cardio machines or any sort of classes. I looked into the Fitness Company, but that's like €79 a month. If I can avoid paying that much, I'll go to the Stefan Sport Center. Or if that's too pricey then I'll just hit up McFit.

Thanks!

@MrW...

To be honest, I cant quite remember how much I paid at the beginning as a sign on fee (I think it was an offer so there wasn't one), but I think I pay around €55 per month, but they do have a tiered pricing structure so you can use it 'off-peak' only for less money, but typically for me I need it in 'peak' times.

I am also not sure if I pay more to use both gyms, I know at the time of looking this was a major advantage for me as I lived in Haidhausen and worked in Unterhaching.

Generally speaking I really like the atmosphere there, I've been a member for 3 years now...

Enjoy.

Hi everyone.

Is there a gym with a basktball court? And which gyms would be easy to get to from Viktualienmarkt?

Thanks!

Dan

from what I've heard, the fitness factory has one, but that's just hearsay though. I've never personally been there so I couldn't say for sure. give them a shout?

Hi. Any suggestions for gyms/fitness centers in munich. Near the city center, the university, or Haidhausen would be great. It doesn't have to be anything complicated. Pretty much all I need is a treadmill and I'm happy. The outdoor running here is fantastic, but I'm not looking forward to the rain later this week.

Topics merged by admin

If you decide to go swimming at the Olympiapark, then your ticket will also include (at specified times) access to the gym rooms as well as fitness classes. As I live close by, I often train in the gym on their machines for 45 minutes then go for a swim afterwards. I don't know of any sports studio in Munich that has a swimming pool! I feel the entrance fee of Euro 3 is very reasonable. There is usually a trainer on hand (though you will need to speak in German) to ask about the training machines to exercise various parts of your body.

BigCityGirl

Hi do you guys know any gyms that are accesable by bike near "Daglfing, the S-BAN stop"?

For everyone who is looking for a gym to work out:

McFit, Landsberger Str.: 1 year contract, 16.90 every month, one time payment 19 Euro, just gym but modern, very clean

Olympic swimming hall: Fitness gym inside, no contract, you pay and exercise...that's it... price: around 3 Euro each session

Hi do you guys know any gyms that are accesable by bike near "Daglfing, the S-BAN stop"?

Thanks alot man, ive looked at the web pages, they have pretty nice prices... the problem is that im not going to be here in this house forever... and having a year contract is not such a good idea, I dont get it, this contract issue is so popular in munich... I hate it! xD

Im going to go to both anyways and try to make a deal, even if I have to pay 10 euros per week instead of 5 in order to have no contract or at least a short term one. Meanwhile, you guys know of any non-contract needed gym around my area, my exact street is Ina-seidel-bogen .

And the "for women" are only women gyms right?

See ya!

yes, for women, means women only, your profile gives us no info, as we don't really know what you are.

You could also use the Cosimabad a short bike ride or bus trip away from where you are. They have no equiptment, but swimming and a sauna.

There is one of those McFit sort of places in Feringapark, take bus 188 from Daglfinger Sbahn (about 20min) and its one of those places that the rates are low, and no set contract (from my understanding).