Gyms and sports clubs in Munich

154 posts in this topic

I will move and begin working in Munich in January. I'm going to want to keep up with my exercise routine and I'm hoping that a few of you can suggest some health clubs in Munich. I've done searches for them but came up with only one decent gym. Can you recommend some? Thank you to those who are able to answer this for me.

Related topic: Inexpensive gyms and fitness centers

Advertisement: Craig Burton - Personal trainer

McFit gym

Hiya...gyms can be expensive here...I pay 80 € a month for mine (I´m with Elixia) although I´m gonna hand in my notice soon.

With most gyms, you have to sign a contract and then you get stuck in an automatic contract renewal system whereby if you do not hand in your notice 3 months before the end of the contractual year you´re automtically signed on for a further year.

Usually when enrolling there´s a basic enrolment fee to pay...for Elixia it was 200€ and that was 9 years ago!

This new McFit gym is cheap and cheerful.

Sorry cannot help you out, I belong to a women's gym. Agua Diva, costs me only 59 permonth and had no registration fee. But its only for women, men are only allowed on thursday night, and if they are the partner of a member.

Im with Elixia and i think its great.I only had to pay a 30€ registration fee and 68 per month which isn't cheap but that includes all classes.There always introducing new classes as well and the teachers/instructers I find are great.

I'm with Body and Soul (www.body--and--soul.de) in Obersendling and I think it's an awesome gym. The rates are variable (depending on the length of your contract), and is slightly reduced if you work for one of the big companies in Munich on their list. It's the best gym I've ever seen. They have cardio machines, weight machines, loads of free weights, a pool and LOADS of classes available.

I paid €9 joining fee and €69 per month for a 18 month contract.

I love my gym- Nautilus Fitness. There's 2 in Munich. THey just lowered the price to 22.95 a month I think. You have to sign-up for at least a year but there's no signing fee. Plus the first visit is free so you can see if you like it. There's weights, cardio machines, and aerobic classes plus a new large sauna. Every 15 work-outs you meet with a trainer or changes you're lifting route and shows you how to use the new machines. There's no pool.

Quick fit is the cheapest one I have seen, though I haven't been there yet. It is also open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, which isn't normal in Germany. You get a card and just let yourself in. Memberships for as low as 10 Euro per month, but going up to about 20 Euro. I don't think that there are any classes.

www.quickfit-online.de

It is located in North East Munich.

I want to joina gym where I do not have to sign a year's contract as I will not be working in Munich for a year. I would prefer a gym where I can simply pay month by month and not have to worry about an auto-renewal or yearly contract. Any suggestions? :D

Hiya,

Elixia Leopark offers a monthly membership - it is called Route 66. You pay EUR 66 per month and you can leave whenever you like basically. I am not sure though if this is applicable for all Elixias in Munich..

susie

Leos on Leopoldstr is a nice gym but a little pricey and frequented by models as they get a discount on their membership. I pay 82 a month for all day, but my membership is 5 years old.

Anyone a member of Leo's Fitness on Leopoldstr? I am desperately looking for someone to work out with! Unfortunately, I need some encouragemant to go and I do better when I have to meet someone there. My last partner left half a year ago and I've hardly been back :( After the Thanksgiving weekend I defo need it :D

I want to go about 3-4 times a week!! Help!!!

Membership at Munic Gym €59/month!!! No need to pay start-up fees!

Gym location: Kathi-Kobus-Str. 11, 80797 München (Schwabing area); easy to get to by public transport.

Facilities/amenities: cardio area, free weight area, weight machines, really good classes, sauna, steam room, solarium, massage, child care, & juice bar.

Staff is really friendly & helpful and all speak perfectly good English.

This is a really, really nice gym - very new and modern!!! I am only trying to get out of my contract to join a gym that is closer to my work.

www.munichgym.de

Please PM me if you're interested!

I'd recommend the olympia zentrum.

The gym is pretty good, can get a bit busy but it's 17.50 EUR for 6 visits, which even when I use that up every week, only adds up to about 70 EUR per month.

In that you also get use to the olympic swimming pool :)

There is also a sauna paradise there where you can enjoy the nude sauna's with ze germans but it's 9 EUR per visit, a nice option though after a rough day.

It's easily accessible off the U2 line (Olympia Zentrum station) then follow signs or just look for the massive 'Olympic' city like buildings :)

I've been using a gym close to work for some weeks. It's OK, but it is very clear that the vast majority of users are much older, and the workout programme reflects this. Added to that it is quite cliquey and as a new arrival I'm feeling a bit like a curiosity to the regulars.

I'm looking for a place near the centre of Munich that has good links to the S-Bahn, and where there are more age appropriate sessions, such as circuits etc. I'm not too fussed other than that, a steam room would be good as it helps my asthma, English speaking would be useful and clues as to the busiest times would be welcomed.

Topics merged by admin

I was thinking about joining a gym in the next few weeks, although I want to find somewhere

- near where I live (u-nordfriedhof)

- that lets me sign a 6 month contract (never go to the gym in the summer)

- isn't too expensive.

Feedback and thoughts welcomed with great apprecation.

I have been going to Mcgym

Is very chaep only €16/month, is open 24 hours and has pelnty of machoines and weights

Nick I go to Leo's Sports Club. It is good. The staff all speaks english. They are a little snobby there but the ladies are nice to look at. I go to work-out not make friends so I do not care if people ask me how my day was. Very central location Giselastrassa from the U6 or U3.

Jay I would check out Elixa it is right by your flat. The place is huge but I heard they are moving soon. Think they have a deal for 66 euro a month month to month.

There is also a brand new Fitness Company by Munchner Freiheit. But I heard it was small. Think they charge about 60 euro a month with 100 down.

Good Luck.

"I want to pump (clap) you up!"

HI

What about Gyms in South Munich,

especially in Starnberg, area. *for Toning and weights*

Does anyone have ideas or recommondations

:unsure:

yep i'm guilty of Mcfit as well cause its really cheap, big and 24hrs.

@ taurus-bull - I"m looking for a gym in that area as well...

@afrokomb- is there a mcfit around the starnberg area?