Sailing afternoons on Ammersee (2008)

278 posts in this topic

@ Spookyfella

this is good info to know! we just moved here last Sept so we really haven't talked seriously about it yet...BUT i will keep you in mind and pass it along to my better (wait, not that much better) half who would probably want to join you in delivering our boat! ;)

-sarah

So far,

Yotti plus 1,

spookyfella plus 1,

any more?

How did it go today guys ?

I didnt but in earlier as it was my boys birthday but maybe intrested in future trips out.

I helped to build my Dads Sea Wych including trailer many years ago, and crewed when built on Windermere, England, I am a bit on the large side but would love to have a go again.

Regards

MG

Not too bad, winds a little light. But for novices, remember, light winds = easy sailing, and cloudy often means not so much problem with sunburn or heat.

Next week, folks ?

Hey, I just noticed this thread after searching to see if there is any sailing going on near Augsburg :) (just arrived last week).

I'd really like to come sailing next week if it's happening! I have experience with both small yachts and dinghys, and have been sailing with my uni club before coming here :)

My email is

euancasey@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Euan

Yes, it'll be happening, and you would be more than welcome. I'll start the list for participants on Weds.

are you planning for saturday or sunday?

I'll do both, and then see what people want !! :) Same as all day, morning, or afternoon !!

Sat afternoon sailing, please indicate if you would like to come along. Details of where and when later !

Skill / confidence as: none / novice / comp crew / mate / skipper

Name Partner / guests skill / confidence

1. Yotti +1 Skipper

Sun afternoon sailing, please indicate if you would like to come along. Details of where and when later !

Skill / confidence as: none / novice / comp crew / mate / skipper

Name Partner / guests skill / confidence

1. Yotti +1 Skipper

Can't make this weekend as back working in the UK for a couple of weeks. May be interested in sailing with you in the future and could possibly take some people out. Couldn't sail the boat on Amersee but Brombachsee or Bodensee could be an option. Also have an ISO if anyone feels adventurous enough to try crewing one of these.

We´ll come if the weather´s good - we´re fair-weather sailors ;)

1. Yotti +1 Skipper

2. Dublindoll (comp crew - it´s been a while though) + 1 (no experience)

See you Sunday

I'm off to England Saturday otherwise I would have come. Please don't give up on the Sunday trips, I can't make it Saturdays, but Sundays are good. I'll join you when I get back.

Costs are for just the boat hire @ € 15 per hour split between us. They can take up to 8 people, but it would be better to take another boat. The reason for the thread is really to be able to book them in advance.

Kids are welcome.

Maybe we meet up before the time to sail for a picnic lunch and give you the chance to ask more questions. There is a separate thread for the Saturday meet, and we'll see which is popular.

I would be up for this, which sailing firm are you using?

I'm a skipper (SKS,( Offshore skipper)

Be glad to show anybody the ropes( so to speak)