Sailing afternoons on Ammersee (2008)

278 posts in this topic

Anyone want to join up for Sailing on the Amersee?

Maybe an all girl and an all boy boat for racing? Mixed crews? Whatever !

... or just a good way to spend a morning / afternoon / day on the water. If you have never sailed before, but want to try, you are more than welcome too.

Update: This is the discussion archive. Click to view up-to-date chat about the next sailing trip

I propose starting where Captain Bligh left off last year, renting and splitting the costs. Perhaps if there is interest, we can resurrect the booking sheets on a weekly basis.

Whadya think ?

Hi All

The missus and I would be keen on joining in with this, we both sail a bit on dingys and cruisers.

We are away all of Aug but other than that would love to get out on the water.

I'd be interested, I went a couple of times with Captain Bligh and it was good fun. However, I cannot actually sail so I need an expert to, erm, show me the ropes! :)

ok, several pms show interest as well. I will ask the mods if we can resurrect the old thread system of booking as it was before.

That way people can band together for cheaper rail travel as well. ;)

I'm keen for some sailing! I sail on my dads keeler and little trailer sailers. I'm arriving mid July. yippee!

bnolan@gmail.com

I'd be interested, used to sail dinghies in the UK, but have only been once in the 10 years since I've been here!

ok, while we are waiting for the mods to react, who wants to go this weekend? Suggest for a first trip we go for Saturday afternoon, maybe meeting up there at about 12 ? If we start a list, then add how you are travelling, ie to ascertain if a group train ticket is possible.

Also an indication of experience, so let's use a scale of Ballast, Crew, Mate or Skipper level.

I can't make it on Saturdays, but if I could I would definitely come under the term Ballast, although I prefer to see myself as a pampered dignitary! :)

Sorry I am away this weekend in Galway so no-can do...sorry Yotti, how about next weekend...same drill?

Sorry, can't make it the next few Saturdays. Experience level would be skipper for dinghies, but I've only sailed a larger keeled boat (30'er for a week in the med) once, so maybe I should downgrade to mate or even crew, at least for a first outing.

Hi, just want to express my interest + 1...the hubby has his proper U.S. Coast Guard Captain's License for sailing large vessels, and we sail a 36 ft Beneteau that has been sadly left in the states :( Also, I grew up on the coast sailing little Sunfish / dinghy's so we both have some experience under our belts.

We're already obligated tomorrow (triathlon in Bad Endorf) but next weekend would be great, weather permitting!

Cheers,

Sarah

We cant make it this Saturday but maybe next week? I'm crew and the hubby's ballast - just don't tell him I said that :ph34r:

no worries, I plan to make this a regular event.

SarahD, have you considered having it delivered to say Croatia? Only 5 hours from here ! I do need more Sea miles :)

Guy, first 10 minutes would do I'm sure !

Are Sundays more attractive to people ?

are you kidding? we talk about it all the time...in fact we're planning to charter a 49' Beneteau in Croatia for 5 days with 2 other couples in late Aug, early Sept...who knows? if all goes well, we may just get that boat over here! in the meantime, you should do some chartering yourself! great way to get some sea mileage in :D

sundays might be better...

-sarah

ok, with pm's, there are 4 of us so far. I will check tomorrow about 9am to see if there are any more takers.

Remember, if you have never sailed before, this is a good chance to try it out, as the boats are extremely stable, and we are expecting light winds only. But, plenty of time if we do this on a regular basis. ;)

SarahD, I am actually doing a couple of deliveries, and try to do the odd bit for the charter companies (end of holiday return boat type delivery), but almost any chance I get ...