The Singularity is near

74 posts in this topic

Can you imagine working in an office where people are talking out loud to their computers all day?

By 2030 we'll probabaly have computer chips installed in our brains and a USB slot on our wrists, so no need for verbal communication,

Well humans can be rational if they follow three laws of robotics without emotions.

And then life will be easy for very human on this planet.

Dream on. There is no total rational being and life does not get easier no matter how much you try to stay on the side line.

(Es kann der Froemmste nicht in Frieden leben, wenn es dem boesen Nachbar nicht gefaellt)

As for hoock ups to a computer, I read recently there have been sensors devised which take your brain wave lengths to a computer, store them there and return them when needed. No more memorizing and wasting precious time in which you could do either frolic or do just nothing worthwhile.

Improving the conditions for living is only worthwhile if you get a benefit out of it or satisfy your inquiring mind. Not many people have a nature of Mother Theresa and I'm not sure about her either.

Merging ourselves with computers and machines will not grant us immortality. It was once thought that this would be possible but it is now known that is no particle in existence that could serve as a medium for information processing once the universe super heats while in its final stages of collapse. Now its just a novelty. You can all go home.

will not grant us immortality.

Immortality, what is that?

what is, has been and what may be, could be.

Infinity is a strange concept and our brain is not set up for it, yet. Immortality lasts only a lifetime and after your protons, have left your atoms and molecules, your conception of your consciousness, life and all that you experienced has been wiped out just like the hard drive on your computer.

Your protons however shall have returned to the mass of energy which is eternal.

Dream on. There is no total rational being and life does not get easier no matter how much you try to stay on the side line.

true, its a dream.

because no two persons are alike.

So expecting that everybody will behave alike is impossible even when the rules may be clearly defined.

that is why i had added "without emotions". And doing that is not next to impossible but impossible.

Singularity Hub: The Fourth Industrial Revolution

According to the World Economic Forum, the “Fourth Industrial Revolution” is here. It’s a change as significant as any modern revolution before it. And if we look, we’ll see the signs.If the first three industrial revolutions brought us the steam engine, electricity, and global communication, the fourth revolution merges the digital, physical and biological. As Ray Kurzweil often says, this trajectory will eventually eliminate the barriers between man and machine.

And something to look forward to:

Singularity University - Germany Summit, Berlin Congress Center, May 3-4, 2017

the time of singularity is only when it's forced upon us.. it's only the inevitable because scientists are working hard to be the 1st to claim it... fueled by the fame and money out of being special.. famous.. smart.  It's not like we can't live without these controlling/spying "Smart" IoT devices.. just if we're doof enough to believe we need them.. the demand will continue to rise and to flood our world listening and watching when we're picking our nose or chanting all alone (but are you really alone?)   

A quirky American scientist I've been following is Dr. Ben Goertzel and his work and while I don't advocate it, I'm more interested to see what he's up to..  In 2007, he and Hugo de Garis were in an interesting doku. called "Singularity or Bust"..  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owppju3jwPE  Scary stuff really   ~seufzer˜

2 hours ago, Alana said:

it's only the inevitable because scientists are working hard to be the 1st to claim it... fueled by the fame and money out of being special.. famous.. smart. 

wrong

2 hours ago, Alana said:

It's not like we can't live without these controlling/spying "Smart" IoT devices

correct.

The driver isnt mad scientists, its mad consumers.

21 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

The driver isnt mad scientists, its mad consumers.

And the power of subliminal advertising which is every where. 

Why is it so obvious to some of us yet so many buy into it?

sadly we are groomed to think /believe (advertising..push-push-pushing) we need these "life -defining devices" esp the younger generation.  Sadly, I have lived all these many years without a Smart heater.. Smart TV (or any TV lol) and a Smart Watch.. How have I possibly been able to survive?   

EDUCATION is the key to awareness...good to very skeptical.. I think it's the opposite being gullible and that's what these pushers play on..  Amazing still to me, how so many people sleep with their Handy under their pillow or next to their bed with the mobile data & location enabled with no earthly clue what they're doing..   why not just put your head inside the microwave and turn it on (high)???

Just wait until 5G is running the show... that's even worse!!! Read up on that new antennae technology that's gonna beam much higher frequencies right into your house (and head) ..a direct line that's right. :-( scary sheite.