Berlin Alternative Book Group, Tue. 20.Mar.2018, 7:30pm "Zemindar"

248 posts in this topic

Hi Audrey,

We've set our meeting to discuss "The White Tiger" for Thursday, December 3 at 19:00. We'll meet at Strandbad Mitte (Kleine Hamburger Str. 16).

Hope to see you there!

Best,

Katherine

*3 NOVEMBER MEETING CANCELLED*

Please note that today's meeting (3 November) will be rescheduled - date and time TBD. If you'd like to attend, feel free to input your availability on the Doodle page that we've set up so that we can pick the date that works best for everyone.

http://www.doodle.com/isufz7pc8m99n4tn

Thanks,

Katherine

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of updates in recent months. The book group is indeed still meeting, and we've planned our next meet up for Thursday, 19 August 2010, time and place TBD. If you're interested in attending, please let me know and I'll send you the details once we've figured out where we'll be meeting. The book will be "The Pregnant Widow" by Martin Amis. In upcoming months, the books we'll be reading are:

1. "The Pregnant Widow" - Martin Amis

2. "Every Man for Himself" - Beryl Bainbridge

3. "The Inheritance of Loss" - Kiran Desai

4. "Ark Baby" - Liz Jensen

5. "Solar" - Ian McEwan

6. "Beloved" - Toni Morrison

7. "House Rules" - Jodi Picoult

Please feel free to come along on the 19th if interested, and let me know if you have any questions!

Best,

Katherine

Hi,

I am here in Berlin doing a praktikum for 2 months and, being a keen reader, would love to join your book club. I am only here until the beginning of Oktober, but will be able to attend the august and september meetings if thats ok. I would also be up for hosting at my place in Prenzlauer berg if need be.

Looking forward to hearing from you all

Christinna

Hi,

I would love to join as well, I am also up for reading anything and everything :) Unfortunately I wont be here for the Aug 19th meeting as I will be on vacation, but if Id like to come to the next one!

Aleks

Hi there,

I've been meaning to come along for a while now and August 19 I can finally make it. I'm not up to date with the location and time, so you could post them again for first timers, please? :) Thanks and see you (hopefully)

K.

Dear all,

Sorry for the very late update, but we just now confirmed that our meeting on 19 August (for "The Pregnant Widow") will be held at 18:00 at Milagro (Bergmannstr. 12) in Kreuzberg - U-Bahnhof Gneisenaustr./Mehringdamm.

Despite the short notice, we hope that some of the newbies will still be able to make it!

Christinna, you're welcome to attend meetings just while you're in Berlin. No problem at all!

Aleks, we'll set the date for our September meeting tomorrow, so I'll be sure to post the details for next time asap. Hope you're able to make it!

All are welcome, so feel free to come along.

Best,

Katherine

I have just seen the book shop group and would like to join you..maybe next meeting, Im assuming its once a month?

Many thanks,

Lisina

Lisina - you're right, we usually meet around once a month. Hope you can make it next time.

Writewrongs - the next book is "Every Man for Himself" by Beryl Bainbridge (if you're interested in what else is coming up, I posted our current list a few posts above on this page). We're currently setting our next meeting (for mid-late September), and I'll post that information as soon as we've set something - probably in the next couple of days.

Best,

Katherine

hello all,

i would also like to join. in september i am away most of the time but hopefully the next meeting will be inbetween...

looking forward to meeting you...

Dear all,

Our next meeting to discuss Beryl Bainbridge's "Every Man for Himself" will be held on Wednesday, 15 September at 7:30pm. We'll be meeting at Cafe Courage (Saarbrücker Straße 17) in Prenzlauer Berg. All are welcome, so please feel free to come along.

Hi everyone,

The next book on our list is Kiran Desai's "The Inheritance of Loss". We'll be meeting to discuss it on Wednesday, 20 October at 7:30pm at Dachkammer (Simon-Dach-Straße 39 in Friedrichshain). Hope to see you all there!

Hi

I just saw this today and haven't been able to read the book. Is it possible to join the next time? When will it be? What a shame though, I love dachkammer and it seems like a perfect book club location :)

Hi, I've just seen this today as well! Is the next book still "Ark Baby"? Sounds interesting, I'd love to join you guys as well for the next one if it's still happening.

Hi everyone (and KimbaF),

We've set our next meeting for "Ark Baby" for Thursday, 11 November. Time and place are TBD - I'll post details as soon as we've come to a decision. Please feel free to come along!

Hi everyone,

i have never been part of a book club before, but quite enjoy reading and would love to come along to the next meeting if there's space...now to hunt down a copy of 'Ark Baby.' :-)