Berlin Alternative Book Group, Tue. 20.Mar.2018, 7:30pm "Zemindar"

248 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Sorry for giving such late notice, but we have set our "Spot of Bother Meeting" for this evening, Monday Oct. 20 at 7pm. We'll be meeting at Cafe am Ufer (Paul-Lincke-Ufer 42, Kreuzberg, U Bahnhof Kottbusser Tor U1/U8 or U-Bahnhof Schönelinestr U8). Feel free to come along if interested!

Our next meeting (to discuss "A Hundred Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini) has been set for Wednesday, November 5th at 7pm. If anyone is interested to come, send me a PM and I'll get back to you with the address.

Hi everyone. We've set our next meeting (to discuss "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire) for Tuesday, November 19th at 7pm. Feel free to come along - just PM me and I'll send you the address and details.

Hey! So I realize that this group has probably already been established, but incase you wouldn’t mind I would be interested in joining. I love to read and I want to meet some people I moved her a couple months ago and due to my job haven’t really had the chance to meet anyone. So let me know if its possible. ;)

cheers!

Our new book list for all interested is below:

1. The Virgin Suicides, Jeffrey Eugenides

2. Novel on Yellow Paper, Stevie Smith

3. Girl in a Blue Dress, Gaynor Arnold

4. The Book Thief, Markus Zusak

5. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, John Boyne

6. The Road Home, Rose Tremain

7. The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne, Brian Moore

8. Child 44, Tom Rob Smith

9. The White Tiger, Aravind Adiga

10. The Lost Dog, Michelle de Kretser

Hey I'll be new to Berlin on January 28th and am an avid reader. I'd love to join a book group! Keep us posted on the next meetup date.

Amy

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you both - I was out of town for a bit. Anyway, you're of course welcome to join the book group. We're currently trying to schedule our next meeting for "The Virgin Suicides" (probably next week), and I'll post it as soon as we set something. If you'd like to PM me your email addresses I can add you to the email list so you're kept up to date on these things (and I'm also much better about checking my email than checking Toytown).

Hope to meet you both soon!

Katherine

Hi!

Where are you in the list now? I'd be interested in joining you, but I've never done a book club before... What do you get up to exactly?

I'm always looking for new sources of inspiration for reading and think this would be the main reason I'd want to join.

Let me know - ciao ciao,

Sonny

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know we've set our meeting for "Novel on Yellow Paper" by Stevie Smith for next Monday, March 2 at 19:00. If you're interested, please let me know and I can PM or email you the address and directions.

Sonny, you are more than welcome to join us. We usually meet for a few hours (round about every three weeks, depending on the length of the book) at one of our flats for food and drink and to chat about the book, etc. (it's all very relaxed and not so serious and structured, like I know a lot of book groups are - no discussion question printouts or anything). If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Katherine

The next book group meeting will be Wednesday, March 25th at 19:00 for "Girl in a Blue Dress" by Gaynor Arnold. Send me a PM if you're interesting in attending and I'll send you the address.

Thanks,

Katherine

Our next meeting is Wednesday, April 15th at 19:00 to discuss "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. If you're interested in coming along, just send me a PM and I will get back to you with the address and directions.

Thanks,

Katherine

Hi everyone,

The next book group meeting has been set for Tuesday, May 19th at 19:00 to discuss "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas" by John Boyne. If you're interested in attending, please send me a PM and I can send you the details.

Sorry for the lack of recent updates on what we're reading and when we're meeting.

Our current book is "The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne" by Brian Moore. We're in the process of setting our next meet-up to discuss the book, which will most likely be at the end of September/beginning of October. All are welcome to attend - I'll post the meeting details once we've decided on something.

Thanks,

Katherine

Dear all,

We have scheduled our next meeting (to discuss "The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne" by Brian Moore) for Thursday, October 8 at 18:00. We will be meeting at Strandbad-Mitte (Kleine Hamburger Str. 16).

Feel free to join us there if interested!

Best,

Katherine

Our next meeting - to discuss "Child 44" by Tom Rob Smith - has been set for Monday, November 9 at 19:00. If you're interested in attending, please send me a PM and I'll get you the address/details.

Thanks,

Katherine

Hi katherine,

I've only just discovered this book group and would love to take part. I won't make today's meetup since I haven't read the book but if you could let me know when the next one is on, I'll be there. Have read the White Tiger already - really enjoyed it.

Cheers

Audrey