Cheddar cheese from Lidl and elsewhere

667 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have found some Cheddar cheese in blocks at A Hit grocery store. Usually not in the front where most of the cheese is, but against the wall. It is even orange color :)

They even shred it when requested. I'm not as fond of the Chester cheese some stores have.

Cheers. :)

But only 200g, not 400g. Whilst we prefer the Cathedral City, it's hard to resist the Lidl stuff!

10 blocks @€2,49 @Lidl or

20 blocks @€2,49 @Kaisers for the same amount.

Cathedral City is indeed lovely cheese, but piggy me would rather have slightly less quality and double the amount! That and the small fact that we have no Kaiser or Hit stores around here.

Oh dear, I nearly missed out on the cheddar this time around - I have been busy in town the past couple of weeks and can´t help myself as soon as I see stilton in Galeria - stilton and leek quiche was on the menu yesterday - yummy, yummy!

I really must pop to Lidl tommorrow though as I have a €10 voucher that needs using up - guess what I am going to buy with it?

"say cheese"! :D

I've been reading this cheddar cheese post for weeks now with much anticipation.. I made a special trip out to Lidl to pick some up today and came home to find my cheese covered in mold.

:(

oo got nearly a whole block of ours transformed into cauliflower cheese and it is baking in the oven now.

smells dee-lish!

well the recipe said 50g of cheese, we threw in 200g.

*bloop* seemed like a good idea at the time but we have cheese overload :P

flaked out on the couch rubbing our tummies now in a cheesy delirium...

Anyone noticed that Lidl seem (or is it only me?) to have stopped their country special weeks? Hasn't been one for a while. Thinking of asking their head-office if this is so, or indeed when/if we can expect a Hatherwood week. What do you think?

I thought they were doing America this week. Seems they still do it.

We got the flyer today. Pseudo-American stuff starting Thursday, May 24th and their website says "Mexican specialities" on May 31st.

You reap what you sow. Our stock of Lidl cheddar ran out a few weeks ago, at which point we found the village Tengelmann no longer seems to sell Cathedral City - no doubt no-one was buying there any more. Aaargh, we need some cheddar!

To wait 'til the next Lidl sale, or capitulate and raid a Munich supermarket?