I spent a week in Munich and it was great; basically I never left

13 posts in this topic

Thank you to everyone from TT Munich who was so friendly last week. I was in town for job interviews, and I managed to hit a TT event every night from Tuesday to Friday. I made my flight from MUC early Saturday morning, and I'm back in Washington now, waiting for the job offers to roll in (one already has). TTers are making this a much easier decision, so it may be the case that you'll not be rid of me so quickly.

I uploaded some of the photos from Friday evening at the Hirschgarten. Enjoy.

http://picasaweb.google.com/steven.beiting...Munich30May2008

Glad you enjoyed. If you do come back at least you can't say you did not know what you were getting yourself into! Good luck with the offers,

Gerard

Thanks for the thanks. Much appreciated! Good luck on the rest of the job offers...

Mind that liver if you keep hanging out on four consecutive events but remember that German need continual practice, best administered with Helles in a Biergarten!!!

Look forward to seeing you back.

Hmm. I just posted but it disappeared.

Steven,

I enjoyed chatting with you at the Taj.

Good luck on the offers and hope to meet you again soon!

Fruity

aka Mary Ann

Hi everyone,

update: I just sent off a signed work contract to a company in Au. The official start date is 1 August, but of course we'll see how long the work permit takes. Thanks to everyone for being so cool and making this huge change not so scary.

Steve

3 minutes ago, CincyInDE said:

I'm still here, bitchez.  TT is a shadow these days, but man, it was the dealmaker 11 years ago.  Thanks, @Editor Bob and almost everyone else. 

Maybe we need to change the title to "I spent half my life in Munich and it was great!"...

Glad things worked out for you here, Steve!

Lol, I just stumbled across this and was like - whoa that happened fast but then I saw the original post was 2008. Well nice. Congrats on the success, fingers crossed things work out the same for me (albeit no visa needed).  :) 

It took from 2008 until 2020 to finalize and sign the work contract.  It is a slow process in Germany.

Welcome.   Back.