Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Badminton @ RSC Nymphenburg

3,059 posts in this topic

knowing my sense of timing i will certainly not be very early. courts are booked for 8, no? could meet at streubenplatz tram stop at 7.30.

we usually play on sundays between 12 and 2, depending on night before...

Hi all,

Have fun tonight... I am actually a bit depressed about not being able to come (even though we have a work party with 20,000 people and free food, drinks, music, etc).

Well at least it wasn't just me that was hurting... my bum still feels like it got a good kicking. I just assumed the pain from from the stupid birde dives I was taking!

Please put me on the list for next week

All of us must have back to the aching factor of 2 or less, who are ready to kick some butt again :P

1. Rosie

2. Ume

I'd love to come this Thursday! I have a couple quick questions though:

1) How much does it cost to rent the court (ie: how much should I bring to pitch?)?

2) Does the centre have a gym (workout room) facility, and if so, can I pop into it after to work out (and not get yelled at in German for not being a member?)?

and 3) Could we meet at the Tram stop so I won't get totally lost?

Thanks guys!

@ ellewood - glad you can make it :)

@ trouble - why don't you pm ravski? he quite often turns up a bit early and goes in the gym, I think. if you want to get there early and do that, maybe you can sort something out with him. not sure how legit it is, but I don't think anyone yelled at him yet ;)

the court costs about 27€, so the total cost of all the courts is split between the number playing (sometimes we have an odd number of players, so we rotate who sits out). that means you end up paying between €6 and €9 for the hour. yes, you can rent rackets there, there are changing rooms and lockers and everything. there's even a nice bar where they serve tasty pizza so you can put back on all the weight you just burned off ;)

@ trouble / anyone else - Please let me know by tonight if you are definitely going to be able to join us. If you can't come then please also let me know (if poss by Wednesday eve, so that we can cancel a court if necessary).

OK, fab. That means that so far we are:

1. Rosie

2. Ume

3. Topsy

4. Ravski

5. Ellewood

6. Trouble

any more takers? deadline for booking is tonight.

cheers

Topsy

Hey Topsy,

Whats the standard of play like? Not played badminton for around 4 years now :( but down in the cellar somewhere theres a racket

P

well, it varies, I suppose.

we are quite competitive, but I'm not sure we're that good. well, I'm not.

I've only ever really played with these people, so it's a bit difficult for me to judge. What do the others think? I'm a bit useless at judging things like that.

OK, I just checked with the organiser, and we can't get more than 2 courts this week :(

so we are full now with the 6 Toytowners for this week.

we've got first refusal on any cancellations that come in at RSC, so if a court becomes available I'll post it on here.

Hopefully we'll be back to 3 courts next week.

Cheers

Topsy

Bummer sounds like I'm a bit late... well if something opens up I'm in, if not then see y'all next week.