Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Badminton @ RSC Nymphenburg

3,059 posts in this topic

@Ume - I did not check my batch, I will check tonight if I am missing one.

Just for Fun can you all give yourself an aching factor out of 10

I am a 5 :P

@Elewood - looks as if your going to do some serious butt kicking on Thursday with feathers :P

I also like FEATHER! FEATHER! FEATHER!... but they dont even last for 2 games... :(

@Ravski

It cant be yours. Its not Yonex 360.

I will bring it on Thrusday.

aching factor 3. I guess I didnt play good shots :(

Hi all, I was aching factor 7 over the weekend, now I back to zero and ready for some more aches and pains ;)

Re: pooling resources to buy shuttlecocks, the regulars do that already, but I don't think they do it often enough - the shuttlecocks they had were pretty crap, weren't they?

We should sort something out this week maybe.

Shame you are not going to be around electrobuzz, hopefully you'll be going somewhere where you can practise?

I'm thinking more and more that I'll try and make it this week - at the moment there are 11 people, so if I come then it will be to make it a nice round number :)

Topsy

@topsy

Don't think i can practise back home... all my friends are busy working even during the weekends.. :( (blame the IT companies...)

But i'll be back by the end of Jan next year and shd be here in munich for another 3 years atleast... so loads of badminton from next year on... :D

OK - I think we have the following:

1 Ume

2 Ume +1

3 Ume +2

4 Ellewood

5 Ravski

6 Electrobuzz

7 Mbangura

8 me

Mbangura, do you know how to get there, or do you need us to meet you on the way?

Cheers

Dee

PS no feather! Ellewood's serves were too fast for me as it was, without the extra speed of feather!!! ;)

@ Ume

that extra shuttle cock has to be mine. i whipped it out to play in the first game coz i thought it was a bit faster than the one we were using. yellow with a white end and red trim, no? forgot to take it with me when i left u all playing. but no worries, we can use it thursday. i may get some feather ones but it's true, they last all of two minutes. best not to chop and change though as your serve goes AWOL.

has anyone else noticed how when u first get back into badminton, the place u really feel it the next day is in your bum? or was i doing some strange moves on the court there? maybe it was down to topsy's tricky drops over the net?

I had a similar pain, it tends to start around bum region, then the legs arms, BRAIN etc. Not good when you have to sit on your ass in the office the following day. :D.

It depends how much warming up and down you did too. I stupidly turned up 45 minutes early so I was able get ass warmed up.

yellow with a white end and red trim, no?

Mmm.. NO... just missed. it has a green trim...

but thanks, we will use it this thrusday ;)

After adding this pic it really looks a badminton thread :D

Technical question:

My shuttle is MAVIS 350 by Yonex. Does anyone knows what 350 means??

@pablo

thanks for the information. you are most welcome to pop at any stage ;)

As nobody else has a missing shuttle, i guess we all have mixed our shuttles. Ellewood's shuttle is with someone else and I have somebody's shuttle.

@Ellewood

I know it is slower but keep this green one and forget about the red :)

Can you add me to the list of players for Thursday?

Cheers,

Chris

Hi newtoncp, OK, you're added.

Here's the final list:

1 Ume

2 Ume +1

3 Ume +2

4 Ellewood

5 Ravski

6 Electrobuzz

7 Mbangura

8 me

9 newtoncp

We can't take any more people this week, we're full now and it's too late to change the number of courts. But if you want to play, you're welcome to come along next week or any subsequent week :)

Cheers

Topsy

Hi! Looks like I was too late checking the arrangments for this week! I forgot to pay last week -sorry. Please put me on the list for next week and I'll pay who ever I owe the money to.

Thanks!

@ the people playing today...

do we meet directly at the club or meet at the tram station like before...

i find its a bit easier if we can meet before instead of searchin for everyone in the club...or if u people prefer we can meet directly in the courts...

what say people?

@All

Knowing my sense of timing I will end up arriving early anyway. Assuming the booked courts are at the same location upsairs then I would like to meet up at the courts. However I dont mind waiting for somone if they are new to the location.

@Ellewood

I dont mind playing, how early afternoon are we talking, where etc how long. It depends on what I do on Saturday night/morning. I have not made any plans as yet. I was not here last weekend so I want to party a bit.