3,059 posts in this topic

@xargon

We play every Thursday, 8-9pm in the place near Hirschgarten:

Fit Factory RSC

Wilhelm-Hale-Str. 45

80639 München - Nymphenburg

tel: 089 / 13 99 13 10

fax: 089 / 13 99 13 32

Public means of transport: Tram 16/17 Steubenplatz Get off at Steubenplatz and walk up Wilhelm-Hale-Str., first right after the Tankstelle (there's a sign pointing you there - it's a lane usually lined with parked cars with tall hedges on either side). The tram takes about 10 minutes from Hauptbahnhof, and they run about every 5 minutes on the way there.

A decent racket cost around 15-25€. You can buy a racket from kaufhof or Walmart. You can also hire a racket at the club (no idea about the rent)

Hi Xargon, all the info where we play, can you hire a raquet there etc, is under this thread: Badminton in Munich - read this and the subsequent posts, and you should find most info there.

Have a think and let me know by Tuesday if you want to give it a whirl.

Cheers

Topsy

Hi there

Sorry, I can`t play this week as I have to work. Maybe I´ll be back next week, depends on when my bos wants me to wokr next week

Have fun :)

channy

So till now we have:

1. Ume

2. Ume's +1

3. Ravski

4. Ellewood

Rest of the guys please confirm ASAP as Topsy needs to reserve courts for us.

As always, newbies are most welcome.

Hiya, you just need to let me know if you're coming and I'll pass it on.

I'm wavering a little and thinking that I might come after all... it might be a good way to recover from the exam, actually ;)

Re: payment, you just pay John in the bar afterwards (or before you leave if you can't stay for a drink).

so that's five of you so far, cool :)

deadline is Tuesday night.

Maybe see you guys on Thursday.

Topsy

Hi,

I had such a blast last week... for those who wish to play it's a great time and workout.

By the way this week we have a big work party so I won't make it. Last week after I changed and went down I couldn't find you folks (though I had no contact lenses on so...). I was in a bit of a rush so I had to split. Anyway, I owe someone some money and want to make sure that it gets into their hands at some point.

@ Topsy - hope to see you there. Good luck with the exam. :)

@ Electrobuzz, hows the muscles doing, I am just about healing up myself

@ravski..

Was pretty bad during the weekend...

one side of my back hurt real bad.. was totally stiff...

but now its ok... i guess diving a lot to return ur shots the very first day took its toll...

shd get better with subsequent practice...

unfortunately i can come for one more session and then its a three month break for me...

@eletrobuzz - shame your not going to be around, it always takes a few sessions for all those muscles to adapt.

No pain no gain. :blink:

To all: which shuttles did you all like playing with. I can bring my Yonex 360 again. It was the yellow ones. :P

how much does an actual feather cork cost here?

if its not too expensive... just we pool some money and buy some.

Its always great to play with them instead of plastic ones...

Feathers are an option but the pace of the game will be alot faster and it will take a bit more time to adjust to because of the flight. Serving can be a nightmare.

Also they tend to break easily. Your timing tends to drift because different speeds and weights of shuttles are used.

If you want to improve your reflex then feathers can be used. Beware that you might ache a lot more the next day. :rolleyes:

yes! it was mine! i like that one as it's quite fast. but the feather ones are even faster ;-)