Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Badminton @ RSC Nymphenburg

3,059 posts in this topic

hi, isn't this great? loads of badminton-players coming out of the woodwork :D

we need to know for sure by tomorrow evening who is definitely coming, and who isn't. So far I've got definites from:

ravski

ume (is your +1 also a definite?)

ellewood

anabi

rosie (are you a definite?)

and I'm waiting on definites from Channy and Elektrobuzz

I'm a definite, too :)

I haven't heard from the regulars yet. But we have 3 courts, so we should be OK.

It's not a one-shot deal, btw - we play every week, so if you can't make it this week, then come along next week (let us know, b4hand tho!). Course, if you come this week and enjoy it, you can join in next week as well.

We just do need final numbers tomorrow so we can make sure we get the right number of courts.

:-)

It will be the first time I will meet people from the Toytown Munich group and burn calories at the same time. Cool! :D

@ anabi, it's a proper sports centre with changing rooms etc.

it's quite a big place, they have a fitness studio and loads of squash courts as well.

Very cool... I am totally excited (and would like to check this place out)... I'm even leaving work early today to go get my equipment.

Hmmm just realized using the phrases "totally exciteda" and "my equipment" in the same sentence is just asking for it :)

can i have someone's handy number?or the name the courts are booked under? is it upstairs or downstairs?

cheers!

its a good idea.

@Ellewood, Topsy

can you PM your handy number. So that we all can contact you on thrusday.

What is the meeting point (RSC or hauptbahnhof) ??

OK, I've PM'd everybody my number, so just give me a call if you need me.

I'll be at the RSC from about 7.35 onwards. I'll wait downstairs in the bar section for a while, probably will sit at the tallest round table nearest the entrance.

I only know Ume and Anabi, so I hope we'll find each other, I'm sure we will.

If not, then just go get changed (use the upstairs changing rooms) and then find the badminton courts that are upstairs - we've got 3 out of the 4 courts, so I'm sure you will find us there.

Topsy

OK there are 12 of us playing, so we can close this off for this week.

If anyone else is interested in playing, then maybe you can join us next week.

:)

Hi, just thought I'd let you guys know that a few regulars added themselves in at the last minute so there are now 16 of us playing tomorrow. That means we've got the whole of the upstairs badminton section :)

Regarding changing rooms etc - everybody can get changed there, the place is a regular sports club with changing rooms and even a sauna, all included in the price.

See you all tomorrow - don't be late!! ;)

Topsy

That means we've got the whole of the upstairs badminton section

does that mean we have all the 4 courts booked?

I think its better we meet at the tram stop Steubenplatz at say around 7:15 instead of searching for each other. I have not been to this place before... so would be nice if we can meet up in the tram stop before. What do you guys say?

OK, but 7.15 is too early

How about 7.30?

Meet there (at Steubenplatz tramstop) between 7.25 and 7.35 - that gives people a chance at 3 different trams, they're every 5 mins that time of night. It'll only take us 5 minutes to walk to the sports center, so we'll have plenty of time to get changed.

If anybody turns up after 7.35 and can't find the place, then you all have my handy number, right?

See you tomorrow.

Topsy