Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Badminton @ RSC Nymphenburg

3,059 posts in this topic

@ topsy

could we join in on your badminton dauerbuchung? at the moment there are five of us definitely on for a game next week.

thanks!

I would definitely like to come... but the date for my thesis presentation has not been decided yet. If its on Wednesday or Thursday, i wont be able to make it. I'll let u guys know by tuesday... so till then i'm not a confirmed participant...

hoping i can make it... :)

The Fitness Factory / Racket Sports Club (RSC) is the badminton center near the Hirschgarten.

Here's the address:

Be Active / Fit Factory RSC

Wilhelm-Hale-Str. 45

80639 München - Nymphenburg

Tel: 089 / 13 99 13 10

Fax: 089 / 13 99 13 32

Public means of transport: Tram 16/17 Steubenplatz. Get off at Steubenplatz and walk up Wilhelm-Hale-Str., first right after the Tankstelle (there's a sign pointing you there - it's a lane usually lined with parked cars with tall hedges on either side).

The tram takes about 10 minutes from Hauptbahnhof, and they run about every 5 minutes on the way there. It'll take you about 5 minutes to walk from the tramstop to the place.

post-16-1097476514.jpg

Anyone know the cost per hour for a court at beactive.de Fitness Factory place??

Or is it per person per hour?

Ta..

@Ellewood

do we have shuttle corks?

@Topsy

Its a good idea to book another court.

Can we buy shuttle corks there??

@ topsy

yes, i reckon that sounds right. would be good if enough room.

the price of a court varies depending on time of day. can't remember exactly but i think about 25 euro for court

I need to go buy a racket today or tomorrow and will pick up some "birdies" as well. Do we have a set time and place to meet?

Hiya all, I phoned the badminton place and got another court.

So there are 3 courts currently booked, 7 of you guys, plus me, plus some of the regulars.

Meeting time/place is this Thursday at the RSC near Hirschgarten at 7.30 - does everybody know where that is? Public transport - your best bet is the 16/17 tram, leaves from Karlsplatz/Hauptbahnhof, get off at Steubenplatz.

Can you please let me know by midnight tomorrow night if you are coming or not?

We've booked the court now, and we have to pay for it if we don't cancel by Wednesday lunchtime.

You can buy shuttlecocks there, but I'm sure you won't need to.

If you don't have a racket you can hire rackets there (bring your ausweis and enough cash to leave a deposit).

People usually stay for a drink and maybe a pizza after playing.

We split the cost of the courts between the people playing, so it usually works out at between €6.50 and €9 for the hour.

I'm really looking forward to playing :)

so many birds to play :lol:

I have no idea about "RSC near Hirschgarten". Is anybody up for meeting at 7:00 near Karlsplatz/Hauptbahnhof?

I'm in... so do folks here play fairly regularly? Reason I ask is that if this is a few times a year thing then I don't think I'd buy a racket... but if it's a few times a month then it's worth getting. Look forward to it!

this booking on thursday is a standing booking, they play every week, and I'm sure you would be welcome to join them ongoing if you feel you would like to.

I guess if you are not sure, then hire a racket on thursday, and if it's as much fun as you remember then go buy one at the weekend

Hi I would love to play badminton - brought my racket with me a year ago but still haven't used it - is there room for one more?

@Rosie

Oh Yes. I think we can make room for you ;)

Welcome to Toytown.

we might have to circulate some people depending upon the number of regular players. Do we have any idea how many are playing this week?

Ellewood

Channy

Ravski

Elektrobuzz

Ume + 1

Anabi

Rosie

Topsy

Regular Players (may be 4-6)

Total = 14 approx :o

Yowza! 14! I wouldn't have thought there are 14 Badminton players in all of Munich, let alone ones that speak English (I think there are about 14 in the entire US).

Maybe I'm just insane (well I know that) but this just blows me away... a pleasant surprise. Heck, we could start a mini-leauge!