Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Badminton @ RSC Nymphenburg

3,059 posts in this topic

I´d go but I could probably only go on weekends. I´m not so good and would need to borrow a racquet.

Weeeell considering i have 5 weekends left before I leave... and most of them are filled with fun things.. I prob ain´t the best partner... I could go to a one-off game though.

Hmmm... Ok. Just let me know when and if you have time and we'll book a court.

Anyone else wanna play?

I'd be up for a hit at some stage. Also need to borrow/hire a racket. As for a time, suggest something and I'll see if it fits. Weekends are probably best, but then again I keep going places on weekends... Anyway.

Hi there, I haven't played badminton for years, but I remember that I played it quiet often and enjoy it very much. The problem: you need two players, not just one. So if anybody is in for a match, let me know. :)

I have played twice in Munich but its all the way near RomanPlatz. Nice to play with a few other people in Munich. :D

a few of us play at what used to be called fit factory - i think it's the place billybob described. usually go after work in the week around 7ish. problem is it's very popular and often difficult to get good times. i really like playing mixed doubles. if anyone's interested in a game next week, let meknow and i'll book a few courts.

I have guests round for the Octoberfest so I will not be able to play this week. But next week onwards would be fine. Ideally not on a friday as I go into drinking mode.

no, definitely not this week. maybe next wednesday though? if we get enough people i'll book for 2 hrs from 7 until 9.

Hi,

That sounds Cool. You can book me in. I should have recovered from the Octoberfest by then.

I have a some shuttles and a spare racket if that helps. :rolleyes:

well, i can certainly book. so far four people interested. 7 until 9 on wednesday?

billybob: are u ready to start the season again and get ur pants thrashed off you? hmmmm? :P

There is a bunch of us who play badminton on Thursdays, 7-9pm in the RSC in Munich-Nymphenburg (directions below).

If anyone is interested in joining us, post here and reserve your place via the...

TT Badminton Reservations Page

See also: Badminton courts and racquet shops in Munich

Every Sunday at midnight all replies to this topic are automatically moved to the Thursday badminton chat archive

they have a "Dauerbuchung" on two courts, but they gather numbers by Tuesday evening and cancel a court if the numbers are too low.

it usually ends up being doubles all round, if there are 6 of us then it's one doubles, one singles, and an odd number just rotates on sitting out.

Hi all, just caught this thread... I'm always amazing by TT. Badminton! What level are folks at for these? I played on my high school team and was very good, but that was 20 years ago so I'd imagine I'm quite rusty.

If there's room I'd like to join in... I've been dreaming of playing again since high school, but there's just no place to play in the US.

Wow, loads of interests - cool. Ellewood - you suggested 7-9 next Wednesday, I am still up for that. :D .

Where is place if it does get booked.