Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Badminton @ RSC Nymphenburg

3,059 posts in this topic

As no-one else has shown any interest in Ankur's suggestion for this Tuesday, and as there is only a single 1/2-hour slot available next Tuesday, we won't be doing it.

But who would be interested in another day of the week for an occasional game? A couple of people have given some feedback, any other interest?

In terms of bookings, the weekend will always be easier than the week. Maybe Sundays?

And another thing: Does anyone know of any other sports hall where badminton is possible? The only other one I know of, apart from clubs, is the Park Club Nymphenburger, and also out in the West at Martinsried.

All the best,

Colin

As no-one else has shown any interest in Ankur's suggestion for this Tuesday, and as there is only a single 1/2-hour slot available on Tuesday, we won't be doing it.

But who would be interested in another day of the week for an occasional game? A couple of people have given some feedback, any other interest?

In terms of bookings, the weekend will always be easier than the week. Maybe Sundays?

And another thing: Does anyone know of any other sports hall where badminton is possible? The only other one I know of, apart from clubs, is the Park Club Nymphenburger, and also out in the West at Martinsried.

All the best,

Colin

Bluebee wrote:

======================================================================

Hi Colin,

Just saw your post about badminton - I would definitely be interested in playin in the week - Tuesday would be good for me but I could probably do another night. The Park Club Nymphenburger would be a good venue for me too. Could also probably bring my other half too depending on the time

Let me know how it goes

Thanks

======================================================================

Hi Bluebee.

Thanks for that.

Where do you stand on our regular Thursdays? Have you tried it?

Do you know anything about the Park Club availability BTW?

Probably easiest to reply via the forum.

Colin.

Hi there

Just to confirm - I could do the Thursda sessions at the normal venue (just not this week unfortunately)

Don't know what the availability is at Park Nymphenburg sorry.

Have played badminton before -although over 4 years ago (pre-kids). Guess I would need a bit of time to get back into it...Think my racket is still good though :)

Hi there.

I've had to take my name off the list, as something has come up.

I might still be able to make it for part of the time, but I'm not sure.

The numbers look OK for the 2 hours, so that is good.

All the best anyway,

Colin.

I've booked an extra hour 21:30-22:30 for next Monday for Guillermo & Stacy and myself.Would anyone else be interested?

Colin.

Hey guys,

I haven't played much to be honest, but would like to give it a go, so I've put myself +1 down for next Thursday…

If you've already got enough beginners just give us a shout :)

Hi everybody,

due to the many reservations for tomorrow I try to get an additional court. If there is no free one we have to reduce the number of players.

Our goal is not more than 6 players per hour so everybody has the chance to play. I will inform you tomorrow morning about the number of available courts and then we can discuss the allocation of the players.

Markus

My +1 is sick and unable to make it, so there's one less player, but I'll still be there.

My apologies but I'm no longer able to make it either. Something came up at work, and I will unfortunately be working instead of playing badminton.

I tried until now to get an additional court, but there is no chance for today evening. So, here is my suggestion for distributing the players on the available two courts:

Like you can see based on the conversation two players can not make it and one player (bluebee) want to join. We are now 9 players in total.

Can you arrange your playtimes that way to build two groups with similar number of persons per one hour? (e.g. 5 persons the first

hour and 4 the second hour)

Please answer here so everyone is informed about the playtimes. Thank you.

Markus

Hi Markus,

I can come for the first hour instead of the second hour, this way we'll be 6 for the first hour and 6 for the second:

calin 19:15 - 20:15

adrianthomas+1 20:15 - 21:15

tbe68 19.15 - 21.15

brislan 19.15 - 21.15

mayukh +1 19:15 - 21:15

StacyChu 19:15-21:15

@bluebee you could come for 1 hour of the two, 7 players for 2 hours on one single court is too much.

Calin

Sorry guys, just finished bunch of meeting, and still have tons to wrap up. So, I'll also have to work instead of playing badminton tonight, hope to be there next time~

Stacy

Hi there.

I'm in the UK now, but there was a problem at badminton last Thursday.Calin says out of the 6 others down, only one turned up, and only for 1 hour.He had to pay out the €54 for the 2 hours, and only got 1 hour's play, so I'm trying to help him sort things out.As you may know, the cut-off for cancelling our booking at the sports centre without paying is 24 hours beforehand.As you can imagine, we're asking those who didn't make it to contribute to Calin's out-of-pocket costs.Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Sorry to hear that - not least as I wanted to play last Thursday but was put off by the number of people who had registered!

hi

i am afraid i can no longer play tomorrow - my husband has to go away for work so i have to stay home with the kids.

i also found another sports club that does badminton - not sure if you have tried this before - my daughter does gymnastics there:

parkclubnymphenburg.de

Stievestrasse 12 (Tram 17 - Schloss Nymphenburg stop or Bus 51)

Just in case you are looking for other venues

Thanks

Hi.

Seeing as we've had a (rather late) cancellation, we'll only be playing from 20:15-21:15 tomorrow.

See you all there there as booked!

Colin.

So few this week!

We'll only play 20:15-21:15.

Is anyone else interested?

See you there,

Colin.