Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Badminton @ RSC Nymphenburg

3,059 posts in this topic

Since we've got a squash thread going, I thought I'd see if there's anyone up for a game of badminton at some point.

Note: I'm not particularly good at it, and I can never remember the rules, but at least it's a bit of exercise...

I'd be keen for a game. However, I used to be pretty good at it - played In Junior State championships, etc. Reduced fitness and a larger waistline - added to the fact that I haven't actually played in almost 10 years has undoubtably brought me back to the field though.

I'm pretty awful (without glasses I can't judge distances very well - and I hate wearing glasses) but you can count me in.

Malc, if you can't remember the rules, you can play against me... I don't think I ever knew the rules to forget them!

Yeah not played Badminton since I left the UK.

Got no idea where to play here but would be up for a game...

Pootle

Havn't played since I was 16 but really could do with some fitness work these days, so count me in on any badminton - do they play badminton in Germany? Always struck me that only the english and the asians play.

Ok so I had a hit the other day and I really would like to play again!! I´m not very good, played in Aus for about 6 months... but would love to have a go here... anyone know of anywhere or keen to join in?

I'm definitely keen to play a bit - it's been ages since I hit a cock about the room, but I'm sure it'll come back to me. :P

I could go on a Monday night, Tuesday night or on the weekend... does that suit anyone? Oh and by the way I´m not that good...

Go to Injoy (as mentioned above by myself and Billybob) on a Tuesday and you get the added bonus of having a good laugh at myself & Hazza killing each other on a squash court.

I might be up for this too! I used to play every week, but am now out of practice completely. Good fun though!

Also about the only exercise I get :rolleyes:

Richard

Badminton yeah! Used to play for my County in the UK...youth team 'bout 18 years ago! I'd love to start again; need a bat though.

I would also be up for a hit of Badminton. Haven't played for years and wasn't really any good, but I could do with some exercise. Also don't have a racket over here. Thought about joining a club or something in the hope that it also might improve my German, but haven't got that organised yet.

I'd forgotten all about this until the thread was revived last week. Been a bit busy with other things.

Unfortunately I'm not going to have the time to organise this (or even play) so if anyone wants to take over, feel free...

Anyone still up for badminton against a bad player?

I know of two clubs that have badminton courts and one where you can rent rackets. But buying a racket is definitely worth it as it only costs somewhere between 15-25 Euros.

If you're interested, post...

Cheers

Memo

"Pick a nose, any nose"