British food week at Lidl/Aldi supermarkets

2,382 posts in this topic

Damn it! Gonna go raid my local chippy and eat a load of Bakewell tarts now. I am trying to be healthy right now. Oh well at least I can eat this stuff anytime I want hahahahaha.

did anyone try the baked beans the last time (or did they even have them?)

At 45c a can you wont beat it for value

,but if they are crap I'd pay the euro for Heinz any day!!

They did have them last time but as I buy Kauflands' own brand for the same price, and they taste just fine to me, I didn't bother with them.

Am I blind, as I can't see them selling vinegar this time around?

So is it confirmed?, no Vinegar? what about the brown sauce from last year?, thought that was pretty good myself. Is the link to Lidl the full items or just the main items?.

what about the brown sauce from last year?, thought that was pretty good myself.

The brown sauce was excellent. Some here were saying it tasted the same as Daddies (I wouldn't know).

Stupid me bought a dozen bottles of it. I've only used 3 of them so far and they expire in May this year. D'oh!!

I just noticed, there are no potato waffles. Boooooooh! At least it shows that they're actively tracking which items are selling well and which not, and each time they have British week it's tuned to offer only what sells.

The sauce was thicker and darker than Heinz, but they were perfectly OK. I will be getting some again, unless I'm beaten to it by the other expats in the village. Trouble is, the locals go for the cheddar too. Hands off, it's mine!

if anyone goes to Lidl today and sees that the food is already out, please let me know!

Me too. I was thinking about going to Lidl at around 7:30pm tonight. Not for reasons of wanting to beat the masses, more because we might get a shedload of snow tonight and I'd rather avoid having to get there tomorrow if we have 25cm overnight.

Last time I boughht Salt n Vinegar chipsticks- please somebody tell me they will be available again! They are my favourite. If you like the strong vinegar taste I highly recommend them.

OK, I'll tell you they're available again. Didn't you try visiting the website?

It's officially starting tomorrow, but considering that anyone who's there at 8am would expect everything to be out on the shelves and in the fridges already, there's a good chance that it'll be put on the shelves this evening. As far as I know, these stores don't have people working overnight stocking shelves like they do in Britain.

I've certainly found that in the past. But I think others were less lucky. Depends on the store.

Well the Lidl in Ottobrunn (near the Isarcenter) is already stocking the cheese and frozen stuff.

Perhaps my memory playing tricks on me but I seem to recall the cheese was €2,49 last time. Whatever, I just got 4 packs and have already broken the seal on the first! My god its good. Shame no "Branston" pickle this time.

It's officially starting tomorrow, but considering that anyone who's there at 8am would expect everything to be out on the shelves and in the fridges already, there's a good chance that it'll be put on the shelves this evening. As far as I know, these stores don't have people working overnight stocking shelves like they do in Britain.

Cheers

Roast Beef/Chicken meal they didn't do last time, I think. Glad that's back.

no we definitely already tried the frozen meals, I had beef Mr.Moonboot chicken.

they were ok a bit stingy on the roast spuds though. they sold them separately though so were able to pimp our roasts.

I stopped by yesterday, to see what was out already. Last time I went two days before and it was already out. No luck this time unfortunately, however I'm thinking of heading back today after my class. Might be worthwhile, might not. I found oreos on sale yesterday so I bought a couple packs of them.