Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Indiana Jones 4 at Sony Center Potsdamer Platz

18 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I'd like to go see

Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull at 20:00 on Tuesday (26.05.2008)

at the Sony Center theater in Potsdamer Platz.

Any one else interested?

~Rose

I'm up and will try to bring some people from MPI Golm. With the train situation, we'll probably arrive at the Sony Center just about exactly 8pm.

what a gay movie

aliens? really? the ending part with the ufo taking off is just ... the part where he commands the monkeys because they have the same hair do ? it's indiana jones not a disney film, you actually feel sorry for the russians as how they act like a bunch of incompetent retards

and the indy trilogy was one of my fav, they should have just let it be

I hear the new one is crap. Alien's UFO's bah humbug indy does the X-files. The X-Files was 10 years ago. It had its's time its now over. Maybe they all the Indiana Jones were crap. We just did not see it as we were all only kids at the time.

the movie starts with the russians attacking a military base to retrieve the roswell alien, a spoiler would assume there was something to spoil... there isn't it's retarded from the get go

there's a twist tho involving the kid and indiana, put 2 and 2 together

but anyways the movie makes absolutely no sense they try to play the mayan/aliens link and it completely backfires

save yourself 10E and go to a decent movie instead

I hear the new one is crap. Alien's UFO's bah humbug indy does the X-files. The X-Files was 10 years ago. It had its's time its now over. Maybe they all the Indiana Jones were crap. We just did not see it as we were all only kids at the time.

blasphemy

come on, the last crusade

the sewers in venice, the temple in the desert with the templar knight, what a classic

well structured, good storyline, decent acting etc

this one is just spielberg delivering another 'disney' blockbuster for the masses with a storyline that was written in 10 minutes by a retard

My view after seeing the movie last night is...

It's more pants than MC Hammer. A few amusing moments & references to the previous movies...a rather amusing appearance of the bloke who plays the janitor on Scrubs...far too much CGI...aliens (seriously lads, what were you thinking?)...zombie Mayans...and more cheese than you'd find at an international cheese makers convention.

Basically Spielberg & Lucas have anally raped what was quite a good franchise. Hmmm, like that's never happened before.

At the risk of someone taking this personally:

You're all idiots!

It was a great movie. No, it wasn't innovative. It wasn't "genius". It was exactly what it was supposed to be - nothing more and nothing less. It was an adventure that could be enjoyed by someone who was 5 years old just as much as it could be enjoyed by someone who was 65. If you want something gritty and "different", there's lots of avenues for that.

It was fun to see something that was so close to what I watched as a kid without feeling like I was watching a kid's movie.

I will admit that it could have been more rewarding though if the story mechanics were a little deeper. Definitely needed way more one-liners from Indy too..

I also saw the movie and really enjoyed it. The beginning is confusing and the storyline a bit odd but the actions scenes are exciting, the scenery breathtaking and the actors are great fun. It was just super to see Harrison Ford back in his Indie role again and playing it with such self-effacing humour. I might also add that Kate Blanchett is in the movie - need i say more?

IT IS A PILE OF COCK. THE PLOT MAKES NO SENCE AT ALL. I have have a bellyful of self-effacing humor one liners and references to other movies.

If it had a school report "could try hard would be the report." almost as bad as "attack of the clones."

gahhhh...some people can be so critical...

i was thinking of going to see this...but now i'm not so sure...

is celery heavily featured...because i have found that celery (or carrots in a pinch) can really turn things around...

oh right...yes i've been gone for a while...but i am thinking of making a comeback...

xoxo

Belle

oh right...yes i've been gone for a while...but i am thinking of making a comeback...

Well for Christ's sake don't get Lucas & Spielberg to handle it.

This is what I reckon, what Spielberg and Lucas used to do was create palettes for their films. Say a film had three basic movements, then they'd have three sets of palettes. Take any of the original Star Wars or Jones films. They have distinct palettes, bright and vibrant. ESB? Frigid, icy Hoth, bleached and bright. Dank, steamy Dagobah, followed by the clean surfaces and harsh lighting of Bespin. Little thing like that went a long way to lending a film a sense of cohesion, no matter how ludicrous the plot. If the environment was visually consistent, it upped the believability factor.

The camerawork in IJATKOTCS is by Janusz Kaminksi, the same bloke who did Schindlers List, Saving Private Ryan, Minority Report, War Of The Worlds et al and it shows. His camerawork is mature, considered, meticulous but he tends to desaturate his colours, giving an entire film a single palette, instead of specific movements. I found the colours throughout the film to be subdued, sometimes washed out and generally not in keeping with the aesthetic of the franchise. Combined with telepathic monkeys? Errmm...

Well for Christ's sake don't get Lucas & Spielberg to handle it.

right...well...we'll see...they might have a vision for celery AND carrots the like of which Berliners have NEVER seen...

or maybe not...

xoxo

Belle

regardless of Spielberg's film making genius...it is still Lucas's story telling, something that made him who he was back in the day...but based on those star wars "prequels", did you think this was going to be stellar in comparison with the rest of the franchise?

too bad...would have liked to see the "awww shucks", thinks with fist, clumsy Indiana from the original...aliens? seriously.

Belle what are you talking about about. Your comments make no sense at all.

At the risk of someone taking this personally:

You're all idiots!

It was a great movie.

shouldn't you be out assaulting the homeless? your opinion is worthless

Combined with telepathic monkeys? Errmm...

nah you didn't get it... the monkeys weren't telepathic

that one monkey had the same hair do as shia so the monkeys accepted him as one of their own

now read that again and tell me if it belongs in any movie outside of the disney universe