German language courses in Munich

368 posts in this topic

Any suggestions on (free or cheap) events in Munich that anyone can attend for practicing the listenning/speaking German? Seminars, lectures... I will check volksschule but maye someone has already tried and can recommend? Something from stadt muenchen I guess?

TIA!

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Yeah.. I bet this is question #3432 about this here but I'm looking for personal experiences so I fire it anyway!

I'm working fulltime and looking for an evening course German. Not too intensive (max twice a week), quality schooling and it would also be a plus if the setting is also social in some way - I'd like to meet some people :)

Anybody here can recommend anything?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am new to Germany and would like to learn German through an integration course (weekdays morning).

As I am going to stay in Harras area, so if anyone knows of course provider nearby, please let me know.

Many thanks.

http://www.bamf.de/SharedDocs/Anlagen/DE/Downloads/Infothek/Integrationskurse/Kurstraeger/ListeKurstraeger/liste-der-zugelassenen-kurstraeger-pdf.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

This is a list of all integration courses providers in Germany. Munich is somewhere there.

Anybody any experience with these guys?

http://www.tandem-muenchen.de/home.html

They offer evening classes limited to two evenings a week and quite flexible timing. The four times a week from Goethe or DFKA seem too much to combine with the job..

Hi,

I am new to Munich and am keen in joining an integration course near Harras area.

Any recommendation are highly appreciated.

Thanks

I would not recommend Deutsch Akadamie.

The teachers there are very hit and miss. My A1.1 Teacher was ok but she was just doing it as a summer job before going back to Regular teaching.

My current is no good. Spends half the time telling stories in German and not explaining anything. And never gets off her seat to write things on the board. Most people can not understand her as it is only a1.2!She also takes days off because she has other things to do forcing us all to reschedule.

Also I would definately not go there during the hot summer months. The rooms have no A/C and it is to loud to open the windows. Every 5 minutes you will here a fire truck go past (where are all these fires!!).

I know it is cheap but I am very frustrated in the current class that I am in.

Hi,

I am looking for an institute for learning German through integration course (A1, A2, B1) near either Harras ( near home) or Ostbahnof (near my daughter's school) .

Any recommendations/ suggestions for a good institute in these areas are highly welcome.

Many thanks,

Vidhi

Hi all,

Recently I have moved to Munich and right now apart of the WG apartment search I am looking for a decent German language course which I could attend during the weekends. I am aware that probably I will find in the best case only Saturdays courses, because I strongly doubt that there will be any activities on Sunday but who knows... I also know that I could deduce its price from my taxes but since I am pretty new here I don't know what kind of documents etc I will need.

I am also open to any advice and recommendations you might have.

George

Heya,

Could anyone vouch for or against the German language courses at Deutsch Akademie or Sprachschule Aktiv in München?

I'm mainly interested in their intensive courses, but any feedback is really welcome.

Danke vielmals!

Alex

My personal experience with Deutsch Akademie was that it's great at the beginning and worse as you advance. My first month was in September during Octoberfest and was fun, we all hung out together, and the teacher was nice.

however, As someone said, it's hot as in the summer, no AC and not always a fan, I have noticed that my German teachers hate turning the lights on ( ?I don't get this), and we sat there in the hot dark since opening the window was noisy around the school . If you like air while you are in class, avoid summers there.

I had one amazing teacher, and several who I didn't like for various reasons. One in B2.2 was amazing, she helped us learn grammar and we did speaking and all work in class since all of us worked or studied, and little homework. Another for B2.1 gave us 3 hours of homework every day in addition to the class time. I loved the class in terms of grammar, but we rarely spoke. Also, everyone in the class worked and she even had extra homework for the weekend even, which was not possible for me since I had my masters program. No one had time to do. Everyone in the class worked and did not have time for the huge amount of homework. DO NOT do this course unless you have only German to focus on.

The other teacher talked about herself the whole time or explained the classes and babbled on forever and showed zero motivation. She was either texting, knitting, or staring out the window as we talked.

Still, it's the cheapest intensive course you can take. You will only do grammar the first few levels and not much else. It really sucks and took away all enthusiasm I had for learning German at all.

But it's cheap. centrally located. Depends on your taste. But I have taken language courses all over the world, and I disliked these. But they are cheap so I didn't have a lot of options. It's good for starting I suppose but go find yourself some German speaking meetups and additional ways to converse or you may not be a fan of German..

For those looking for the cheapest option, I guess Muenchener Volkshochschule is the best. For a one month intensive course (4 times a week) prices are around 240 EUR.

Deutschakademie is also a good option, around 265 EUR for a one month intensive course (4 times a week).

My personal experience with Deutsch Akademie was that it's great at the beginning and worse as you advance.

I'd say that Andi has it pretty much covered regarding DA. As usual, its hit and miss depending on the teacher. Most important to take into consideration is the intensity of the course > 4 nights, plus homework etc. Unless you don't work, it'll be tough to keep up.

I'm on a break right now from learning, but will go back to a '2 nights a week' course next time, to see if I actually learn more due to less stress.

Hello everyone,

I am a British student at Tum, Freising campus. I am looking for a good German language course starting from level A1 to B1/B2 probably in evenings, as in day time I have my lectures at university. If anybody knows about good institutes teaching German language to foreign students, please do let me know.

Thanks

Vip

Dear all,

I heard that Wortland has very good German teachers. I am looking for one to one lessons and would apprecaite any feedback on the topic!

Kind regards,

Ana

Hi Ana, I am using Wortland and find my teacher, Carmen, great. She was recommended to me by a colleague and she's taken me up two levels in a relatively short space of time. I can highly recommend her. PM me if you have any other questions.

Sian

Somebody was asking here about weekend German courses. According to my knowledge they don't exist. As for Ingetrationskurs I've heard good words about the one offered through http://www.aslsprachen.de/ I should discourage you from trying Deutschinstitut Integra ( www.deutschinstitut.de ) as they're very bad at organization (personal experience).

I also agree that German courses offered by Muenchener Volkshochschule are the cheapest. I've heard about courses offered by Munich University for students. Apparently anybody can join and prices are comparable to those offered by Muenchener Volkshochschule.

Or just talk to each other as you are sharing an IP address.

Written from my office PC. Don't know if all our IP addresses are the same, but there was noone else in my office! Wortland is on my company's recommended list so chances are good we work at the same place, along with 3000 others.