German language courses in Munich

368 posts in this topic

Although there are no formal requirements, the course is aimed at students and it's mostly students or those with a connection to the university who come

@aantam I was also looking for a weekend course (just Saturday is also ok) and I couldnt find a lot.

The only one I found is at http://www.lingua-nova.de/english/german_courses.htm

(Saturday Courses for all levels

4-6 Participants

4 AH/Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)

Does anyone have experience with them?

thank you

@NewExpatinBavaria

I'm sorry, I just saw your question today.

But if it still helps - the age group is quite a very good mix in Klartext, probably around 27-45.

Hi all,

We recently moved to munich, and my wife is looking to learn german.

Can you guys recommend good (not expensive) courses?

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

I had private Lessons from Goethe. My employer paid it, so I didnt have to worry about the price, but in my opinion the price is too high for the quality you get. I understand that there is a dialect in Bavaria, but I found it rather unprofessional that my teacher spoke to me in dialect instead of Hochdeutsch. After a year I did my c1 exam at the Goethe inst. in the Sonnenstrasse. that place felt like a high school, somewhere in the Bronx. Very chaotic, unprofessional reception. The exam took more time than it really in my opinion was necessary. And the level was not very exciting, when I look back I could do a c2.But no one ever informed me about the levels. My private teacher was only fixed on mistakes during my lessons. I would recommend another school or private lessons from a private person/ student.

I would recommend DKFA which is affiliated with the universities LMU and TUM. All of the teachers there have studied "German as a foreign language" at university level and many have PhDs in this area too. This means they are quite passionate about teaching German and often know deep explanations behind some of the grammar rules.

Price/Quality is in my opinion the best in Munich. Although I have mostly heard good things about Goethe, as mentioned the courses tend to be more expensive.

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help. I'm moving to Munich in a couple of months and really need to improve my German. I'm planning on doing an intensive course for 2/3 months when I get there and was just wondering if anyone knew of any good schools in the Munich area. I've had a look in the forums but a lot of those tend to be evening courses or the recommendations seems quite old.

I'll be about an A2, hopefully B1 if I really push it, by the time I get to Munich. I'll need to be able to speak German for work and so I'm looking to progress as quickly as possible.

Also, dumb question, but I'm planning on visiting a few of the schools first but what should I really be looking out for when I get there?

Thanks

hi everyone,

I am looking to join in a language school in Munich at A2 level. On my list are Dialog, Klartext, Deutsch akademia, Sprachshule Aktiv and Prisma. Has anyone been to any of these schools recently? I am looking for some feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I hope to spend two months in Munich and need to choose between these three schools

Goethe - which I saw here mentioned quite few times. Most commented on the high price and good quality

Did

Carl Duisberg

I am not a teenager and would prefer that my classmates would be rather grown up people (above 25)

Thanks!

Hi there, I am currently studying German at Volkshochschule. I've had a number of different teachers, some good...some bad. The next level will be with a teacher called Joanna. I am trying to find out if anyone here can recommend her as a teacher, or any other teachers at the Volkshochschule. Many thanks.

I can't find much in the way of opinions about ASL Munich (anything recent, anyway). I am currently doing an intensive evening course at DKFA, and I am happy with the program, but I can't keep up with this pace after this program ends. Unfortunately, the don't offer much else that will work for me. ASL is conveniently located between my work and home, and has 2x a week classes that work nicely with my schedule.

Anyone currently (or recently) taking classes with them? I went in to ask some questions and they seemed a bit unorganized and not entirely friendly, but that doesn't matter much as long as the classes aren't like that, too.

Thanks for your opinions!

I am studying in ASL. Its a kinda okay institute. I also opted this to minimize my commute time.

The batch strength is around 20. My teachers are quite knowledgeable.

I haven't faced any issue with them so far.

Anyone recommend German intensive classes BUT at night and/or weekends? I just find during the day but I think I could handle 3 or 4 months intensively at night... Thanks!!

i'm at http://www.deutschakademie.de/ which do an evening intensive course.

You need to book a few weeks in advance, and its hit and miss regarding teachers, but its cheap... (265e)

edit: i'm quickly coming to the conclusion that while the intensive course packs a lot of info into a short period of time, unless you spend an equal amount of time in the daytime speaking and practicing what you've learnt, 80% will be quickly forgotten.

However, once you can get to B2 level, they also do intensive grammar and conversation practice course (which I hope to join in a month or so), and then i'm hoping that will be of more use - practicing knowledge, rather than just getting new info pumped into the old head.

Hi everyone,

i just came to Germany, at the moment i live in small room with my dad outside of Munich. I dont speak german. So any reccomended course school for the begginers?

and not so exspensive, because i'm having hard time to find a job here.

thank you!! :)

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows a good private teacher to learn German? Or maybe a school? Or any other method!?