Jobs at the European Patent Office (EPO) in Munich

141 posts in this topic

where are you located?

I believe in most cases they will pay travel costs, this will be outlined in any invitation you may receive.

ah ok, that's good.

I would be coming from Belgium ... if they really invite me;)

good luck!

some info here concerning the selection process http://www.epo.org/about-us/jobs/about/selection.html :)

Hi,

thanks for your replies...been away for a few days and saw them today.

Moonboot...you're worrying me by saying I should enjoy my Christmas holiday! Can it really be that long?! I've applied 2 months ago, so that would mean a reply after 3 months, and in case it's a "no thanks", it would have taken them a really loooooooong time. Hope it's not going to be the case.

Does anyone know how long it could take from the moment you're invited to an interview to the actual interview?

thanks again!

...it's been over three months now since I sent my application for the examiner job, and still no answer :-S How long can it take!?!? And why is it taking them so long to decide if I'm suitable or not!?

Did you know that EPO has a profile on Linkedin where somebody from the HR answers people's questions?

Maybe there you could get the answer on how long the recruitment process usually takes.

Good luck!

Hey brrru! nope, I didn't know! I'll try to find it. The point I was told by a national examiner I contacted that it usually takes them 3-6 weeks for a first reply, but as I said, it's been over 3 months. I contacted this person again, and he said he'd look at what happened, and forwarded my concerns to a person from HR, who told me my application is still being evaluated, but obviously I was not told how long I still might have to wait.

Basically I'm wondering what the maximum time is, since I'm well above the averagre 3-6 weeks. I'm also wondering why it's taking them so long.

Do they usually plan interviews for all candidates for a specific field during the same week and are waiting till they have enough suitable candidates? No idea...

don't forget that the Christmas and New Year holidays were amongst your delay.

basically the rule of thumb is the longer it takes the better the signs are. meanwhile I would try to keep busy and don't think about it for a while.

just wait to hear back from the examiner!

fingers crossed!

I know there was Xmas in between...but still, that's two week, and 3 and a half months waiting is more than twice the time they told me...(3-6 weeks).

brrru, I tried to contact the HR person on linkedin...but he doesn't answer, so ok, I know everyone is saying to be patient, but come on, how can it take them so long to tell me is I'm suitable or not? I mean...waiting for 3 and half months to get a "no, sorry but your profile is not adequate" would seem like a bad joke :-(

I have to repeat myself:

EPO is a large, slow and bureaucratic organisation, but the working conditions and benefits are excellent.

Suppose you get a job offer in the meantime from a normal company, what to do? You can't keep them waiting for months, because EPO is still handling your application. Next to this, how long does it take at EPO to get a job promotion? Probably lengthy procedures and a special assigned committee has to make a decision about that instead of your line manager.

I am glad to work in the IT industry where things go a lot faster :).

Although someone said:

"EPO is a large, slow and bureaucratic organisation, but the working conditions and benefits are excellent."

I have to repeat myself too:

it's still weird they told me it should take 3-6 weeks for a first reply and then it takes 3 and a half months (+ the time I still have to wait).

How does the EPO reply to your application in general? By phone or email? In my case, I applied for the science and engineering internship. I would prefer by email, since I am out of my place for most of the day. Is it advisable to contact HR (if possible) to let them know about my preference? Thanks in advance for your advise.

how did you submit your application? if you filed online then likely they will respond online.

you cannot contact HR.

I have been invited to 2nd interview at EPO and medical examination.

If I am accepted, how long does it take from the date of "interview/med exam" until I get the result? - and how do I get it by email or by regular mail?

I have heard that the Examiners start at twice a year at the EPO i.e. either 1st of April or 1st of October - is this correct?

Thanks in advance, Malnitz

Don't know about the first question.

The answer to the second question is no.

When starting you'll get a training course. The courses begin several times a year depending on recruitment. In the moment they seem to start every 2-3 months.

at your 2nd interview I would ask when and how you will be informed if you are successful.

I would also ask about possible starting dates.

good luck :)

Hi Toytown,

please forgive me if I post it in wrong place. I am Swapna an Indian girl finished with master's in mechanical engineering(Emphasis on structural mechanics) at Bleking Tekniska Hogakola, Sweden. really interested to work in Germany with basiuc knowledge of Germany. Experience as a design enginner in Sweden for 6 months and one year in India. where can i find the available positions can any one help me how to apply please. if so can inbox me at swapnareddy.kommula@gmail.com please. Thanks in Advance.

Swapna Armoor(+46-723267380)

M.sc in Mechanical Engineering

Blekinge Tekniska Högskola

37179 Karlskrona,

Sweden.