Jobs at the European Patent Office (EPO) in Munich

141 posts in this topic

Hi there.

I am going to have my first interview at EPO as patent examiner in one week.

Is there anyone who had one already and that can say how the interview will be like?

thank you very much in advance for your help.

Hello,

I am invited for a second interview with HR for a examiner job at EPO.

What shall I expect, standard interview or tests for example?

All information are welcome...

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I aplied for a patent examiner job almost 2 months ago, but haven't received any answer. Is it normal it takes so long? When I contacted the national examiner I was told they normally let you know if you will be invited for an interview or not in a time between 3 and 6 weeks. Week 7 is already over, and still no news. How long did it take them to call you in case you got an interview?

thanks!

Why don't you call them and ask them the status on your job application? There is nothing wrong with that, certainly after 7 weeks of not hearing anything.

It is quite normal to take so long especially if you applied for Munich.

I believe they will let you know of the outcome very soon.

Wait one more week and then ask them again.

I think the longer the delay the better really means your application has passed the initial phase of being checked for suitability.

it's not possible to call the office directly to ask about applications.

I would also recommend to wait another few weeks then contact a national examiner. meanwhile you can check the status of your application online.

hey,

the point is I haven't contacted anyone because when I check the application status it says

"Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the European Patent Office. The evaluation of your application may take some time. We kindly request you not to contact the Personnel department in the meantime as we are not in the position to give you further information than you can receive with this status report."

So they kind of don't want you to contact them. By the way, it's been the same status since I applied. Is it supposed to change?

The national examiner had told me it should take 3-6 weeks to get a reply, but it's been 8 now :-s I was hoping to eventually get an interview before xmas vacation, but now that seems impossible as I still haven't heard anything :-( This is taking ages...

well if your application status says that then I think you should just chill out. in some ways the longer your application takes the better.

if it was a immediate "no" you would have heard very quickly.

the end of the calendar year is always busy in the EPO, just bide your time and enjoy the Christmas holidays! :)

I totally agree with Moonboot.

You should just chill out and dont expect great things to avoid disappointment.

I know because it happened to me a few months ago ;)

I think the question is more whether the EPO actually notifies candidates when their application has not been successful. Many organisations don't bother (completely unprofessional imo).

yes they do, and very quickly.

Hello everyone,

Are there people here who are interested also in “jobs in other areas” in EPO (and not examiner jobs)?

I was wondering if the recruitment process always takes months or can it go faster? They mentioned on the job offer that they intend to hold interviews only couple of weeks after the deadline to send applications...Do you think it is realistic? Do they notify those invited for an interview a lot in advance?

I would be very greatful for any more info.

If a specific time frame has been given for interviews then I'm sure they'll adhere to it. Presumably, if you have been selected for interview you will be informed without delay.

The recruitment process can be lengthy. Once the interviews have been held there will be various boards to select the successful candidate. The successful applicant will then have to pass a medical, possibly give notice to current employer etc so all these factors can delay the appointment date.

Good luck!

I have been informed that the selection procedures will be a bit late due to unforseen circumatsnces.

This is as far as the "jobs in other areas concerns" for Munich.

So we all have to be patient if we have applied.

Thank you for your answers!

Patience is all we need now;)

I have another question for those of you who were invited for an interview by EPO before: how much in advance did you get your notification that you are invited? Was it enough time to prepare yourself and your trip to Munich? By the way: do they cover the costs of coming to Munich or not?