Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Life in the Hummelstein area of Nuremberg

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am moving to Germany at the end of june to do a year work placement. There are 3 of us that want to live together. I found a nice looking 3 bedroom apartment in south Nuremberg in Hummelstein, Elsässer Straße, but I have no idea what the area is like. I wondered if anyone could give me any information about this area.

Hi there

Hummelstein is located just south of the main train station and is within walking distance to all the main bars, clubs, cafe etc.

There are lots of nice suburbs to the Alstadt (Old Town) like Johannes etc, but generally apartments within the 'Wall' are most desirable and sought after, especially if you are arriving from a major UK city?

Overall Nuremberg is a really cool place and a welcome break from the manic pace of London (my home town) - I have recently found an apartment by the river within the Alstadt and it is a great location.

Generally all of the surrounding suburbs are safe and within walking distance to the centre, so I suppose it will be a case of your own preference and of course your budget!

Are you moving to one of the large Sporting/Lifestyle brands?

Hope this helps!

Regards