Good hairstylist recommendations

55 posts in this topic

I go to Bernd Kramer hairdesign for my haircuts in PrenzlauBerg and it is amazing!! I cant recommend it enough! Bernd is a really cool guy who is totally inspired by hair and really takes the time to give me a great cut and style. He approached me one day on the street saying that he saw my hair and would really love to cut it! I was quite flattered! Ever since then I have not gone elsewhere. Once you get an amazing hair cut with so much shape and NO BUTCHERING you will be forever satisfied! His prices are completely reasonable for the amount of time he puts into my hair! So if any one can relate to recieving terrible, unrurly haircuts in the past then i suggest you check this salon out! You will never be disappointed again!

I agree with Kangaroo!! I had my hair cut by kitty.s ^^ above at Berd Kramer hair design.

2 magical hair stylist. You won't be disappointed. You won't find another hairdresser quite like these 2 hair stylist =)

I have heard really good things about this place, which opened recently near Görlitzer Park:

https://www.facebook.com/basement8

Or more precise: I have heard really good things about the Swedish girl Linnea working there. Haven't been there myself yet, but they have low prices at the moment, as they just opened.

I've had four haircuts in Berlin, all from places/people mentioned in this thread. They have all been utterly terrible. 

Sorry to be the voice of doom, but I would approach recommendations with care - I know one 'Artist/Hairdresser' shills for himself on this thread.

On ‎15‎.‎04‎.‎2016‎ ‎14‎:‎39‎:‎13, jan5on said:

I've had four haircuts in Berlin, all from places/people mentioned in this thread. They have all been utterly terrible. 

Sorry to be the voice of doom, but I would approach recommendations with care - I know one 'Artist/Hairdresser' shills for himself on this thread.

I had a similar experience. Maybe I am too picky, but still I have not found my perfect stylist ;/

On 11.7.2008 22:03:57, Sorcha said:

Hi,

I can highly recommend Toni and Guy http://www.toniandguy.de/, particularly the Knesebeckstr branch, although they are a little pricey at €65 (Head Stylist). Not only did I get a great hair-cut but a fantastic head-massage and a 'decent' latte - the whole experience was a treat.

Sorcha

Ask for the New Talent, you don't get a choice who you get, but its about 25 Euros (the price changes periodically), and I'm usually happy with the cut I get.

Topics merged by admin

Hi, 

I'm looking for a great (but affordable!) English speaking hairdresser. I have dyed orange hair and it desperately (and I mean DESPERATELY) needs some freshening up in terms of colour/cut. I just got here & Mein Deutsch is nicht gut -_- but I really want to trust that I'm able to tell the hairdresser exactly what I want XD. I know a post like this has been on the forum before but the answers were all a few years old so I hope you guys don't mind me posting something similiar again. 

I found a really nice one but they asked me for 100+ euro, which I personally think is a little crazy O_O. If it's this expensive everywhere I'm going to have to go back to using the 3 euro Kaufland home hair dyes haha (and then my house is like Buzz Lightyear's). Anyone know someone cool and creative who won't eat up my meagre Berlin wages? 

PS: my old hairdresser used Lakme colours - if I could find a salon with that it'd be awesome! But i'll take anything, like I said, it's desperate times over here in Regrowth Land. 

360976a316a57315bb178a62b08a93a560eaf696a5749cfc4c0ecf9fe837365a.jpg

I haven't found a saloon, hairstylist who cuts the hair well. All the times I've cut my hair in Berlin has been a disaster. I've learned to cut it by myself but it's not always so easy but at least has been much better than the terrible haircuts I've got in Germany. 

Same here! I am yet to find a good hairstylist in Berlin! Now I have started cutting my own hair!  Hairstylists in Berlin don´t seem to understand even the basic concept of layers!  I have even tried non-German and non-Turkish hairstylists and No Comments would the most polite way of assessing their skill. Thinning Scissors?! I know it sounds rude but I have to say this, In Germany, hairstylists don´t even know what it is!

I never let anyone touch my hair with thinning scissors. I do have thick hair but it just grows out all wonky and pieces stick out after thinning with those scissors. I've never had a good hairdresser even try to use them on me. There are other techniques for shaping and thinning hair.

When I was little, my sister and I got our hands on a pair of thinning scissors and used them on the neighbor girl (with her permission/agreement) who had beautiful long almost white hair. We thinned and thinned, collected all the hair and made a bun out of it using a lot of hairspray. We were so proud of ourselves and she was wearing the bun. Her mother was not impressed!

ETA this image:

5c602c5daf38e_ThinningScissorEffectOnHai

The best haircut I had in a long time was done by a Vidal Sassoon trained lady who really took her time and did the whole cut using a razor blade. It held for months afterwards. Sadly as soon as I found her I had to leave the country. :wacko:

I once had a really good hair cut in Lichterfelde in the Schweizer Viertel (near Goerzallee). That was several years ago. I think I paid 40-50 euros for it.