Good hairstylist recommendations

55 posts in this topic

Jobot, did you even read this thread? What is wrong with people asking for recommendations for a good hairstylist, especially after a bad experience? Berlin may be a creative hub but that doesn't mean everyone is ready to take their chances or let someone with a 2-tone skunk mullet or asymmetrical red spiky fauxhawk at their head with a pair of sharp scissors. All the more frightening when you can't communicate well with the stylist.

I had an excellent experience with a Paul Mitchell hairstylist in Pankow named Nadia. Yes, it was a journey to travel all the way to Pankow from Wilmersdorf, but well worth the hike. For those of you who like Paul Mitchell products and/or color, contact this salon: http://www.wellnessfriseur-berlin.de/ I believe that Nadia is the only stylist at the salon who can speak some English, and don't be scared when you see her because at the moment (don't freak out) she has hip-length hot pink hair (hey, she's from Berlin... it's to be expected). If you can overlook her super funky hair style then definitely give the girl a shot. Nadia knows her stuff, and she transformed my dull sandy blonde soccer-mom style into a trendy reddish-brown fashionable new do. I haven't had a hair cut and color this good in years.

sweet! thanks Miss H for the info. I always love an excuse to go to Pankow .. and well, now I have one! This lady sounds good.

I'm a guy and I LOVE this place: Fon Friseur directly under the Hackescher Markt S-Bahnhof.

http://www.fon-friseur.de/fon.htm

It's stylish without being pretentious and the prices are very reasonable. A cut and wash with style is like 25 Euro and its a great cut!

I have had both female and male friends alike that love Fon Friseur. It is a bit busy on the weekends and they don't take appointments, but it's definitely worth it. The best time to go is on a weekday afternoon if you don't want to wait.. If you must go on a weekend, the wait is going to be about 20-30 min. but you can always get a coffee right next door at Coffeemamas while you wait. :)

Another suggestion: I recently went to the AVEDA Hairstylist on Ku'damm. Aromatherapy head massage, shampoo, cut and style cost 59euros. The hairstylist, Andrea, spoke fluent English and was very nice. Appointment is needed!!! I was satisfied, but I must say they usually keep it quite classic, so don't go there if you are looking for a super trendy cut. I like their products though and I know for sure their colors are good quality (low in chemicals and longlasting). Have fun!!!

not to sound shallow, but i'm petrified to get my hair cut in berlin again. the first (and only time) i got my hair cut here, i got tons of rec's to go to pony club and left the place in tears. (not only did the stylist give me a terrible butcher job with blunt/thick ends, but they also turned my hair colors that i specifically did not ask for... and to boot, they ruined my shirt with dye-- and when i woke up the next morning, my pillow was ruined with dye too! they ended up giving me 2 gift certificates and lots of hair products as compensation...)

normally, i see people on the street whose hair cut i think is great and ask them where they go. but to be perfectly honest, i haven't encountered a person who i'd ask yet! (and while we're on the topic, what is with the extreme hair colors that german women get here? like black bangs with long blond hair? or red skunk-like stripes on black hair?? ugh!)

my stylist in nyc was a crazy japanese guy named skyy who would take sections of my hair, twirl them upward, then cut/shape it with thinning shears. just to give you an idea of the cutting style he had (that i loved.) after that, i lived in italy, where you literally cannot go wrong, no matter which stylist you go to. they are all amazing! (and usually pretty darn cheap, ~25 euros.)

can anyone give me some recommendations for some trendy places to go to that don't cost an arm and a leg?

much obliged!

Wow. They sound like they really did a shit job.

What was the name of that place? I'd like to recommend them to someone.

There is a salon around U-bhf Rosenthaler Platz called Five Monkeys. There is a Dutch girl called Eva there who is renting a chair from them under the name of Cuts&Cocktails. She has been working in Copenhagen for the past few years as a Top-stylist, and has done a lot of work on videos and photoshoots as well. I have gone there a few times and she is really good + She is really nice and speaks perfectly english.

And you get an Ecological non-alcoholic cocktail with your haircut. I think her colors are Ecological as well...

Well, The address is:

Cuts&Cocktails

Brunnenstraße 196

10119 Mitte - Berlin

Tel: 01577 175 55 78

Hallo,

Justin ist ein Top-Hairstylist aus Neuseeland mit sechs Jahren Berufserfahrung in einer der besten Salons Aucklands und jetzt in Berlin! Er bietet euch Haarschnitte von zu Hause an, und das zu einem Superpreis, also wenn ihr einen Haarschnitt braucht oder jemanden kennt, der das tut, dann meldet euch bei ihm: jnabbs@gmail.com oder antwortet mir, und leitet diese Mail bitte an eure Freunde in Berlin weiter!

Justin is a professional hairstylist from New Zealand with six years experience in one of Aucklands top-salons and now in Berlin. He offers haircuts from home for a reasonable price, so if you need one or know someone who does, please contact him at jnabbs@gmail.com or reply to me.

Alles Liebe

Justin

Hi,

I felt the same way until i found a great hairdresser who now comes to my flat and cuts, dyes and blow dries my hair at a reasonable price and nice style. English speaking and v professional.

her Toytown username is: "katyray" im sure there is a whole info blog on her on Toytown. check it out pleasseee.

KATY RAY!!!

Fantastic hairdresser, does mine, my husband's and my son's hair in our home. Can't recpmmend her more highly.

Link below is for her TT profile.

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showuser=42271

Another testimonial for Katy Ray.

She's fab - completely takes the stress out of getting your hair done. Can't recommend her highly enough.

Hey Marluna,

You posted this a while ago, but if you are still looking I cut *ahem* 'trendy' hair. I'm from Toronto, but I got my hair cutting style from Montreal where hip hair rules.

Hello,

I am providing haircut services in Berlin. I started doing housecall appointments in San Francisco, California when I found a growing clientele had appreciated the convenience of getting their hair done at home. I have 9 years experience with all hair types. I am fluent in English and Spanish (sorry my German is underconstruction). The haircut price is 20 Euro for one person... Discount given if more than two or more people in the same location.

Please check my Facebook page for more info... http://www.facebook.com/pages/SCISSORCOMB-Hair-by-Rocky-Villanueva/206504296068624?sk=wall

After reading about Cuts & Cocktails here on Toytown I booked an appointment and just got back today with a great cut and colour!

Eva definitely knows what she's doing; very professional, friendly and with great skills. I am pretty fussy about my hair as it always gets messed up as soon as I go to someone else but my regular hairdresser back in Stockholm, but Eva got it perfectly right. I paid 69 euro for cut + highlights. Also, the "salon" is set up in her apartment, which I thought gave the whole experience a nice personal touch.

Here's her website:

http://cutsandcocktails.blogspot.de/

Try Lauren (Zobirdie on here) a Canadian chick who comes to your some :D

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=144328&st=0

she is great

It seems like haircuts are a hot topic today so i'm posting this here too- because it really is a topic I love!

Please support your fellow Toytowner - try having a service at my family owned and operated Aveda salon

Friendly! Genuine! Highly skilled! Real Customer Service! (YES IN BERLIN!)

We're an international/multi-lingual team of beauty professionals who love Aveda products and services. We strive to provide excellent service quality- in English too! (Russian, Polish, French, German....)

Our prices are not the lowest in Berlin, they reflect the high quality of our work.

For the price- real tips for your best look, thorough consultation, product tips for home maintenance, and our sincere effort to make you feel and look wonderful.

schönBERLIN Aveda lifestyle salon & spa

sincerely,

Katherine

I went to one salon of the SuperCut chain and was very pleased with the service. Had to wait in a live queue for an hour, but it was worth it. Specially for a cut of 15euros :) Will definitely go back and I am extremely happy that I have found myself a good place to get my hair done.

Hey there!

Just thought I'd put the word out to any one looking for a hairdresser! My name is kristy and I was recently recruited from Melbourne (fitzroy area) to Berlin to work with a friend of mine who owns his salon in Prenzlauer Berg. We both met in London when I was training with the Vidal Sassoon Academy- And he was my teacher! I'm super excited about hair! It has taken me to all corners of the world to keep motivated and to stay super creative! I basically specialize in cutting- short hair in particular, so this is a shout out to all you blokes out there! Our style at our salon is clean, precision cuts with fluent wearable styles that are tailored to your face shape and structure. We are highly influenced by the Bauhaus era! I'm usually out model hunting from time to time however if you're keen on a haircut and like to come in you're more than welcome! You can hit me an email and I can pass on more deets to you then :)

Kritty_6@hotmail.com

Ta! :)