Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Going to Bremen for an overnight visit

9 posts in this topic

Guten Tag

I'm meeting my girlfriend in Bremen and using it as a stop over before heading north. I'll have the best part of a day to kill before she turns up so was wondering if anyone had any tips for something good to do? History, arts or architecture maybe. I've never been before.

Also, as its for one night it would be nice to splash out and stay in a swanky hotel to impress the missus. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

I really like Bremen. You should go walk along the Schlachte and check out the Bremen Town Musician statue. It's got a very nice market place and some lovely little shops. I've always stayed in the Hotel Atlantic, just because it's right across from the airport.

Google is your friend. Have you tried searching at all?

I stayed in the Ramada and wouldn't recommend it particularly other than its location - very central and just a short ride from the railway station - the Hilton is on the same street. Maybe check it out on Trip Advisor.

The Ramada wasn't dreadful, it just felt a little tatty for a 4* hotel.

When I was in Bremen for a work placement (a fe years ago now) one of the best things my boyfriend and I did was to have dinner in the windmill. The windmill is in a small park, a five minute walk straight down towards the river from the Hbf. the food was great and it was a fab evening. Large portions though, so don't do what I did (my eyes are always larger than my stomach!).

If you've time to kill and are so inclined, you could always do a tour of the Becks brewery. The Dom is nice and the views from the top are well worth the long climb. Also all the bars and cafes on the river bank are nice places to chill out for a couple of hours.

There's also a cool little Hof with bars and restaurants near the top of Am Dobben (but I can't remember what it's called - sorry)

Have fun

Google is your friend. Have you tried searching at all?

Yes of course I did but was looking for first hand experience from fellow Toytowners.

I've booked a delux room at Best Western Wellness Hotel Zur Post, Bahnhofsplatz 11. I didnt want to stay in a chain place bu twas struggling to find anywhere plus its close to train station.

you could always do a tour of the Becks brewery. The Dom is nice and the views from the top are well worth the long climb. Also all the bars and cafes on the river bank are nice places to chill out for a couple of hours.

)

Have fun

Perfect...thanks!