Where to buy carry-out burritos

31 posts in this topic

Does anybody know which country has the sweetest chillies and hottest strawberries.

Sorry I mean hottest chillies, or something.

Help me pleeeese

Yeah so the new one at Schellingstr & Augustenstr is a Pure Burrito. I was hoping for a proper "Mexican eatery" but it's just a Subway-style build-your-own burrito place. Gave it a try last night and it was tasty and satisfying. I didn't actually recognize it as a burrito because I only know Tex-Mex Mexican food. I assume somewhere in North America this is someone's typical burrito. Lay on the salsa and sour cream thick and anything tastes Mexican, I s'pose.

Only complaints are that the staff (or my server, at least) is impatient with newbies. I had never ordered a burrito Subway style before, and needed a few minutes to figure out the system and offerings. The guy kept pushing me to make my decisions quickly even though there was no one in line behind me. And then the dude made a big deal about the chicken being bio, as if I gave a fuck and would have walked out the door if the chicken wasn't bio and the pork wasn't bottle fed bio arugula juice by virgins.

I'll go back for another burrito, though.

I'm in Munich weekly and about once a month, I'll indulge in a burrito. I tend to go for Taco Libre as it's right next to the Hbf and, therefore, on my way.

This past Wednesday, on the way to my train, I stopped in at 21:45. Their published closing time is 22:00, but they had completely broken down the steam table and weren't serving burritos anymore. I totally had a sad. Just an FYI.

12 hours ago, _only_bob_ said:

Chipotle quality

Now there's an example of a quality oxymoron. Do you want that with or without E. coli?

3 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Now there's an example of a quality oxymoron. Do you want that with or without E. coli?

I thought that was from the Romanian lettuce.  

47 minutes ago, _only_bob_ said:

Thanks !

don't get your hopes toooo high but it's in that direction.  The beef and chicken are ok, the "carnitas" are so bland it makes me want to cry.  For me it's very "meh" but everyone's taste is different