Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Toddler playgroups in Regensburg

19 posts in this topic

Hi.

I am still planning to move to Regensburg with Hubby and Toddler in about 2 weeks... From the UK. I am desperate to find a toddler playgroup in Regensburg city to go to. My daughter is just about 19 months old and VERY BUSY!!!

Does anyone know of english friendly playgroups or something like it I could try out? I cannot say that I can speak German yet, but I hope to learn!!!

Hi there. Not sure if you have moved here or not. I am also a transplant - via Chicago and have 2 children 6 and 3... We've been here 5 months, still learning the language and adjusting. It can be difficult at times, especially not knowing the language well. If you have found play groups - or other english speaking moms who meet up, could you pass the info on? Thanks a bunch!!

Hi moms, I'm from the suburbs of chicago and i'm moving to Regensburg for an internship towards the end of July. I attend MTU usually, but i'm a semester ahead and figured i'd take advantage of a little break in Germany :) I was just wondering if you guys ever need babysitters on the weekends? I'll be working monday through friday, but on the evenings and weekends i'll be around. I babysat for a couple in hinsdale the past three summers, and have babysat at a church nursery before as well. Send me a message if you're interested. I'm still getting used to this forum. Thanks! Annette

Am moving to Regensburg from Japan in June. Any parents out there who can recommend a daycare for my then 9 month old & an English preschool for my 4 year old?

P.S. I'll be starting work as well & need to organize the kids.

Thank you!

Hi Sharla,

We moved from the UK to Regensburg at the end of Feb and luckly managed to find a newly opened child care centre called Seepferdchen or Seahorses (www.seepferdchen-kita.de/kinderkrippen/regensburg/?PHPSESSID=d36d02730456781f9e4e6b140d956c8d). At the moment they only have three children (including my 19 month old son!)but are having some more children start in May. The people there are really friendly and speak good English (I am afraid to say may German is rather poor at the moment!). The site is located towards the west of Regensburg very close to Infinion.

Hope you find the info useful!

Chris

Hi Sharla,

have a look here:

for your 9months old

http://www.regensburg.de/leben/gesellschaft/familien/kinderbetreuung/krabbelstuben/14326

and for your older one:

http://www.regensburg-international-school.com/8.html

All the best!

Just thought I would say that I bumped into a British woman on the weekend who organises an English speaking playgroup. They are a bit short on numbers at the moment, so would welcome any new parents and children. If anyone wants her contact details, drop me a line (PM me).

Hi,

This is a great website and a really nice forum. Always have been a lurker and finally decided to de-lurk myself and join the social world! We just moved to Regensburg and have a son 2 -1/2 years old, would love to meet other moms with kids for a play date. Currently, we are having a quite a tough time finding a place, hopefully that will get resolved soon.

Thanks,

Vidya

Hi,

I'm actually German, but still looking for an English speaking playgroup / playdate for me and my 2,5 year old. We used to live in Mexico and the UK, so we would love to meet an international crowd!

Looking forward to hearing from you,

thanks,

Annie

I had three people PM about the playgroup in 2 days, so it sounds like there should be enough interest to get-together before too long - if and when I have details of a meetup, I'll post it here, in case anyone else is interested. In the meantime, feel free to contact me for details about being added to the group's email list, if you haven't already done so :)

Just to say that the playgroup is meeting fairly regularly on a Tuesday morning at the moment - if anyone else wants to come along, PM me and I can pass on the specific details.

Can anyone give me here or PM me any details about the English Playgroup meeting on a Tuesday? I did try and message the person with the info but they have been deleted! Any info would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am moving to Germany next year. My daughter will be 3.5 years old and I will be looking for a playgroup as well.

Looking forward to any information you may get.

Thanks,

Bron

Hi Bron,

I really hope someone sends the info about this playgroup and I will definitely pass any info on that I find out! My daughter is 3 at the end of November. When are you coming over. If you want to meet up for a play date once your settled that would be very welcome with us.

Have a lovely day

Laura

Hi,

I will be in Regensburg soon(currently in Amberg) and looking for english speaking playgroups or playdates for my 2.5 year old son. We are coming from Chicago.Also some female friends would be great to occasionally hang out:) I am european and can speak good german and i am pretty familiar with Regensburg.

Anyone interested??

Hi there, I have a 3,5 years old girl and she need someone to chat with in english of course:D

Drop me a line:)

fraumelifrey@googlemail.com

Melanie

Hello,

I will be moving to Regensburg with my husband and 2 children (3 and 1) in August 2014. We're coming from London. My husband German, I'm English. I'd love to meet some other English speaking mums and hear about any toddler groups in Regenburg. It'd be great to hear from any mums!

Best wishes

Hello all, I'm Canadian and my husband and I have just moved to Regensburg. We have a 5 month old son. I know he doesn't fit into the toddler category, but I'd love to meet some other English speaking moms in the area. Anyone interested in meeting for a "play date" even though my little one can't quite play yet? Or even for coffee, or better yet, wine?! :-)