Moving companies for a move within Berlin

25 posts in this topic

We're moving a few blocks and want to hire a company to pack up our household and move us. Wondered if anyone had done this in Berlin and can recommend an honest reliable company. Or if you had bad experiences that would be appreciated too.

I used Top Umzuege on Boxhagener Strasse just a few days ago. They were fine except that my contract was for 4 men and I only got 3. This worked out ok in the time frame booked, but if they had overrun I obviously wouldnt have been paying the extra.

Despite this, I'd recommend them, they were careful and hardworking.

http://www.topumzuege.com

Also if your German isnt so hot, you can visit them at their office and make the booking verbally, there's an English-speaking woman working there.

I will be moving flats in July and I am looking for a good and reliable moving company to move me from Mitte to Charlottenburg. I would prefer English speakers (at least the office staff) and I want them to organize all the parking permits too for the day of the move. Also, packing up for me may be needed as my time is very short. Can you recommend any moving companies?

Thanks!

Topics merged by admin

I'm looking too. Do you need moving only or packing and moving? I'll let you know if I find out anything.

MendyH, you already had a thread about this. Did you ignore the information that Sarabyrd and i gave you or wot?

As i posted before:

"I used Top Umzuege on Boxhagener Strasse just a few days ago. They were fine except that my contract was for 4 men and I only got 3. This worked out ok in the time frame booked, but if they had overrun I obviously wouldnt have been paying the extra.

Despite this, I'd recommend them, they were careful and hardworking.

http://www.topumzuege.com

Also if your German isnt so hot, you can visit them at their office and make the booking verbally, there's an English-speaking woman working there. "

Thanks for the info everyone. Tibia, I wanted to follow up to your post with a question but just got busy so thanks for the reminder. Did you have them pack up your stuff too? Do you remember approx what your cubic meter amount of stuff was? Would you mind revealing what you paid? So far I have gotten quotes from 2 places, Hertling was the lowest at 1650 euros to move 67 cubic meters of stuff, with packing, boxes, permits added in it comes to 2800 euros not including VAT.

Kaptnknitterbart, if you have similar info on run-umzuege I'd be curious to know.

Anyway it's good to have names of 2 more places to get quotes from so thanks very much!

Sarabyrd, sorry I wasn't able to find Seanb offering moving help...

I have heard of Zapf but was warned off them, someone said that they have complaints against them of low balling the offer and then refusing to deliver you stuff until you pay more...I have no idea if this is true or not. Anyone have experience with them?

Can you pack yourself? If you can de-assemble all the stuff and pack by yourself that amount will be reduced to a couple of hundred Euros.

Has anyone any other recommendations for moving companies for a move within Berlin?

Got a quote from a moving company in Berlin to move house we're talking a 5 figure sum - how much did you pay approx for your move?

@smurf, are you serious? In excess of €10,000? We paid £3,500 to move all our stuff from a 3 bed house in London to a 100 square metre apartment in Berlin. And that included 2 cycles and a motorbike, with full packing service. How can it cost more than 3x that amount for a local move in Berlin?!

Boxer, absolutely 100% serious 60cm is the size all the moving companies agreed on that at least. I had another moving company quote 11.5 I could take a round the world trip a few times for that. Nothing special about belongings a push bike is as far as it goes. In meantime I have another quote 5.5. These companies are all well known. For a Berlin move I'm shocked.

I've moved myself and all belongings to Berlin from Ireland in November, and have moved 3 times locally since (oh, the joys of sub-letting!). All without inflicting a single scratch on anything.

It's not a professional operation by any means, but if anyone is interested, I've got a big van, 3 friendly and capable Irish lads, and a rate that should make most of the removal companies blush.

PM me if you want to discuss.

But please don't give anyone 10 grand, that's simply outrageous!!

Nick.

Hmm, sorry that I'm grabbing out this old thread, but when I saw black1's post I couldn't resist:

Zapf is the Rolls Royce of moving companies here in Berlin

I dont't think it's still the best, I just moved some days ago and the moving was performed by Zapf. To say it shortly: It was horrible. Never ever again, and in addition it's really expensive, I sholud have chose some little company andnot this arrogant one... name is not everything.

greetings, superintendant

I'll second that Zapf are the most dangerous moving company I know

From personal experience, I can highly recommend Trans BWG. They'll come by free of charge to check out your stuff and tell you exactly what it will cost. We found them originally because they also offer container storage, and we had them store all our stuff from the second apartment that my wife had to maintain in Hanover for the 2 years she worked there. When it came to moving time, they not only matched the lowest bid we had from other companies, but also brought all the stuff from the storage container at no extra charge.

They moved all our stuff door to door (5 rooms full of stuff, including hundreds of books and thousands of CDs/DVDs) on the same day - working from 9 a.m. until after 11 p.m. - and did an excellent job. Nothing was broken or chipped, all big pieces of furniture were expertly disassembled and put back together again. We paid just over €3,000.

I recently heard of a friend of mine that he was very fine with Wink-Umzuege, but I cannot tell you something about them, because I never engaged them. Nevertheless, maybe some of you wil try them out and tell me here :)

greetings, superintendant

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Hello,

I am going to be moving to a different apartment in Berlin sometime in the next 2 weeks. I dont have a lot of things but still I cannot do this by myself as I have a couple of heavy furniture pieces.

What I am looking for is that all my things are moved from my room in the current flat into the new room in the new flat. Just want to clarify this as sometimes they just move things from the front door to front door i.e. they dont actually take things upstairs. And I do want that as I cannot life the furniture.

Any suggestions/recos for movers in Berlin? I think the whole move will not take more then 3 hours.

Best Bee