Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where to live when working in Rehau, Oberfranken

2 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'm doing some research for a friend.

My friend got an offer from a factory in Rehau, Oberfranken (just next to the Czech border). As far as I know, the nearest reasonably large town is Hof, and it's not particularly interesting (tell me if I'm wrong). I'm considering advising him to look for an apartment in Bamberg, which has more activity, and drive to Rehau every day. Other familiar names I found on the map were Kronach and Coburg, but Bamberg is the largest around. How practical does this sound to you, and if you have any other suggestions I'll be very thankful.

Thanks in advance,

Etkin.

Hof is actually OK, depends what you're looking for. It has some good shops and cultural life, especially pleasant for families/children , good motorway A9 to Berlin and Nuremberg, and as you say you are close to the Czech border and 2 hrs from Prague. It also has the advantage of an airport (with flights only to Frankfurt at the moment). You could also look at Leipzig which isn't a million miles away and has loads happening, depends on how long your friend is prepared to spend in the car each day...