Websites for online trading of stocks and shares

43 posts in this topic

Howdy,

Can anyone recommend any good German or EURO zone online trading sites with an English interface?

Thanks!

Thanks for the Citibank suggestion, but i really need the international stock exchanges and ETFs. Any other ideas?

I think you should stay away from German online trading sites cause the commissions are too high & you can bet they'll charge you slippage whenever they can and the executions are shitty. The fills are horrendous if you are buying and selling with limit orders.

Try IB

Hello,

I'm looking for an online stock broker to trade in euros with low fees

similar to disccount brokers like zecco.com in the US. Do you have any

suggestions?

Thanks

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Ok,PVDH,I get your point about the fees.But the lingering thought is...why drive yourself crazy with short-term thinking?Sorry, I´m not trying to be sarcastic...feliz ano nuevo (don´t know how to do the tilda on the computer) :P

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

Cheapest offer is Citibank with a 9.99€ flat fee per trade: http://translate.google.de/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.modern-banking.de%2Fvergleich_brokerage_41.php&sl=de&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Beware however, at Citibank you can't buy ETFs.

I use flatex, which has a 5 EUR flat fee and where you can trade many products for free.

You can also take a look at interactivebrokers.de which has an English interface and a much larger variety of products and markets. However, there you can only trade stocks and options, no "Zertifikate" or other derivative products.

@skyracer: flatex has a fee of 5€ + variable stock exchange fees --> for a XETRA order 5€ + min. of 6.75€ = 11.75€ as a minumum

Hi

Personally I use Finspreads and Barclays for spread bets and share trades respectively, both work well and offer most options - opening accounts as a non UK resident was much easier with these than many others, most do not want to know if you are a non-dom.

thank you for your suggestions!

Unfortunately the flatex website is down today :( I will give interactivebrokers a try.

The English interface and low fees sound like a good combination for me.

I'm looking at starting to play the stock markets but before I begin, I'd like to learn at least the basics. I'm a complete beginner in this area. I've been looking on the internet for books to read and I was wondering if any TTers can offer any suggestions or advice on what they found helpful. My intention is once I get acquainted with the basics, then to open an account online, say with IB or something similar, then begin with about €1000 and see how that goes...

Any generic "teach yourself" book from Amazon might be a good start. It's not just the specific of stocks and shares, but the wider stuff of what your strategy is and how much risk you want to take of course etc.

You might also find one of the big UK fund websites will tell you a lot about the principles (Fidelity's Fund Network is the dominant consumer one in the UK, I used it, very good, all the info at your fingertips). You won't be able to buy stuff in it though (as a non-resident).

Although there seems to be a big modern culture of distrusting the "experts" (banks, independent advisers etc), I tend not to understand this because particularly if you need support, they should give you value. And immigrants are often in a more complex position than most - less familiar with local markets, having specific objectives about their migrant circumstances (perhaps needing to preserve capital, more likely to be self-employed and / or have less stable income, juggling currencies).

I've started to dip my toe in here (having done it for 15 years in the UK). To get back into the swing, I'm getting support from my bank (don't forget the "old style" direct contact with branch managers / advisers is not uncommon here) and longer term will seek advice and perhaps go on to another funds network.

Finally (as you are doing here) find other people who are in to it - it helps to have people to discuss ideas and current markets with.