Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Toddlers playgroups around Offenbach and Darmstadt

10 posts in this topic

hi, i'm looking to join or start a playgroup for "english-speaking" babies and toddlers. i already teach kids english as a (very) small business, but want this for my own two children. I have the playspace and loads of materials, but would be happy to go elsewhere to join others! i'm a big fan of children's literature and have a small but growing library of story and picture books, and i LOVE to tell stories! i also love to sing with kids, organize science and discovery projects, arts and crafts and lots and lots of games, indoors and out! anyone out there looking for same??

Hi Christine,

we hold an infomal playgroup thursday afternoons around 3 or 4 (i.e. after naptime) until about 6 in hanau/gross krotzenburg. attendees so far are 4 boys, aged 0 - 3. not sure if this is too far for you to come, but as the location rotates we could certainly come to you one week in 3...

if you're interested please pm me,

nicole x

You could try Tumbletots - it is at star cafe in frankfurt on a tuesday

We take our 1YO on a monday in Trebur It costs approx €150 (depending on Age) per term but we think it is worth it.

If you are interested see the link

thanks both of you. unfortunately, i cannot travel so far (trying to keep it under 20 min travel from Dreieich, where we live). Darmstadt is the southern limit, and sachsenhausen the northern limit. BUT, Hanau sounds okay, and may just be worth a try...

Since i can lead a playgroup myself, i am really only interested in informal groups (i'm not planning to charge money, but would like to take turns being responsible for organizing play/activity program, etc.) i've heard of parents organizing saturday english classes for their kids to build and strengthen english literacy skills as they get older (into grundschule and beyond), so this is more or less what i'm aiming for long term... my husband and i are both educators so we're fairly well-versed in these things. i envision field trips to museums and nature parks, halloween parties, science projects indoors and out, loads of different art projects (i also do felting & paper-making), cooking and baking, in addition to regular story-time, and singing silly songs (we have a piano and my husband plays), the kids of course can make their own instruments to add to the collection of noise-makers while they dance the morning/afternoon away... so many themes and possibilities! it just needs a group of engaged parents and their kids! So, where are you all??

Hi Christine,

I would be definitely interested in this, if it were closeby to Bornheim area, or zeil even..

Let me know if u come across with one anywhere nearby..

hi "bail_me_out",

since we live in Dreieich (PLZ 63303), we're not so very far from you, but i definitely would want to have rotating locations (i.e. sometimes taking place here at our place). i will try to keep you posted on what turns up in this forum and elsewhere. We are very easy to reach with the S-Bahn from FFM.

To: Matthias in Wiesbaden

thanks for your message, but i was not able to send a reply, either because you're inbox is full or you're not able to get PMs yet (??)

in any case, Wiesbaden is not out of the question for us. please send me another message with more info!

Hi Christine and others,

We are moving to Frankfurt in a few weeks from London and would love to join any play groups/ meet other mums with young children. I have a daughter who will be 2 in August. We are moving to Gelnhausen which is a bit east of where you are (I think!) but would be happy to travel and also to host play groups at my house.

The days out you are thinking of sound great!

Emma

Hi Christine,

yeah lets start something soon then, Im in.

rotating location should be fine with all.

Probably we could either start with meeting in a public park, kids can have a good time playing there, and starting to know each other. Then decide next location on meeting or here..

My daughter gets back from Kindergarten at 4.30. wouldnt be possible for me to make it earlier.

i agree that a park/playground would be a good place to start. I'd like to invite everyone to come to Dreieich soon after that.

the hardest part is finding a day and time that works for everyone. I wanted to try for Saturday mornings, from say 9 am to noon, or 10 am to 12. Since this is open and informal, the kids don't have to go every Saturday. Like everyone else, we go away some weekends or sometimes have other commitments, too. But in general, i think saturday mornings are the best time for the kids, since they are fresh and ready for new experiences that don't compete (theoretically) with other weekly programs. And, in most cases, this gives both parents the chance to be part of it, whether one or both work weekdays. Late afternoons (after 4 pm) are not out of the question, but this is difficult for me at the moment since i work afternoons until 5:30 M,Tu,W and until 4 on Th.

i really like the idea of a saturday morning playgroup. it's a great opportunity for parents to spend some fun-time with their kids. although i haven't ruled out the option of dropping kids off when mom or dad needs a break for two hours, i think this should be the exception and not the rule.