"Sex and the City" film, in English

129 posts in this topic

I just called them.

They don't know yet about the programme, but I spoke to a very friendly young lady and she said she's pretty sure it will be shown.

That will be from 29th on.

As soon as the new programme is out, we can make a reservation.

So let's agree on a date asap so that we can make the reservation. We might even get a group discount (that's what she said).

Yay for possible group discount! I will take a head count:

Marymanu

Steph0313

Hammonia

CaliforniaCrocus

Shell Andrews

Meleasy

Megan

Seven for starters. And possibly my friend Britta. Anyone else?

As for a date, I think it should be either Friday or Saturday so we can stay out. Anyone have a preference? I am up for either night.

Excellent News :lol:

Either date is fine for me.

Does anyone know of a fun place to go for a cocktail in that area?

i am sooo looking forward to this evening... I can do either night but I think I'd prefer Saturday as there will be less rushing around for me then. My sis in law Rose wants to come too.

yes i am also in! was gonna head to Berlin for the cinestar premiere with a few friends but... what the heck HH is a great place to be and I want to see the cherry blossom that weekend...ok count me in!!!

I would really like to come along - I´m new to Hamburg and don´t know anyone here. I´m living in the Rellingen/Pinneberg area and it would be great to meet up with others from this site.

I have only seen one episode but I'm in

You have some catchin' up to do! :) You can buy the seasons on DVD...

I once had a 'Sex and the City' party with a bunch of girlfriends...we watched a few episodes, ordered in Chinese, and drank lots of Cosmopolitans. The good ol' days.

I saw the cast promoting the movie in London on TV the other day...how do they stay looking so good??

Count me in for the movie.

Seven for starters. And possibly my friend Britta. Anyone else?

I sent a mail to the regular Finnegan's girls night out crowd, maybe they want to join us.

Normally the next FGNO would be on Friday 30th anyway... will keep you posted.

Wow, lots of interest! Now we just need to figure out a good place to go for drinks afterward.

@Hammonia,

Do you think we'll be a big enough group to get a group discount? Wow it would be fun if they gave us a whole theater to ourselves!

I'm sOOOOOO coming!

I'll have my best dress on, best shoes on, my pearls ... what else? :)

I'm so excited!

I'll have my best dress on, best shoes on, my pearls ... what else?

I don't know, Steph and I were just discussing how cute of shoes we should wear. I mean I have some really cute ones that aren't that good for walking around the city... I need to pick out an outfit!

To wear my cute shoes I need to be well close to the S-bahn without any major walking involved before or after :rolleyes: cute shoes and happy feet don't seem to be synonymous for me ;)

Any great places for a drink not to far from the theatre? If it's nice maybe somewhere we can sit out side and soak up the night.

Well it depends on what sort of atmosphere we want for the drinks. Since it is Jungfernstieg we are right next to the Alster so we could go to a beach club or bar on the Alster. Otherwise we could take the train to Sternschanze since there are so many nice bars with good outdoor seating there.

If we are in city centre alread there's really no need to go to Schanzenviertel, is it?

There's plenty of places in city centre.

I haven't been there for a cocktail yet, but right across the street there's the ALEX, maybe that's worth a try?!

I have a friend who works in Casse Croute in Gänsemarktpassage, he knows all the good cocktail places, will ask him for advice.

We used to go to the bar in the Marriott hotel, but am not sure if that's a good place for a really big crowd (which we seem to be).

There's also Trader Vic's at Radisson SAS, but that's a bit of a walk and more on the pricey side...

ah, plenty of time to find a good place for cocktails :)

Anybody interested to grab a bite before the show?

I would love to go for dinner beforehand especially if its arranged for the saturday. I have another friend wanting to come too, so it'll be myself, Rose and Aleeda.

I'd love it if we didn't end up going anywhere too expensive- poor student and all that :D and I would also be up for dinner before hand. Nox bar would be one choice for in the city or Sausalitos.