Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Living at the "Studentwerk" in Erlangen

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am going to study in the technical faculty (Erlangen-Nürnberg, FAU) and I must find my own housing. I am going to apply to the Studentenwerk Erlangen-Nürnberg.

Which dormitory (studentenwerk) do you suggest me to stay? Actually, I am looking for one which has more international students and which is in the centre of social events.

Thank you very much for your time and interest.

Regards

Hello everyone,

I am going to study in the technical faculty (Erlangen-Nürnberg, FAU) and I must find my own housing. I am going to apply to the Studentenwerk Erlangen-Nürnberg.

Which dormitory (studentenwerk) do you suggest me to stay? Actually, I am looking for one which has more international students and which is in the centre of social events.

As many German students dont leave home to study, youll find there are plenty of international students almost anyhwere, I would however recommend you try and get to know german students, - The international guys will be around anyway. Because almost everywhere in Eralngen is in the town, you dont find quite the party dormitaries that you find in other university towns, everyone just goes into "Mitte" "Zirkel" or "E-Werk". The Vierzigmannstrasse is a pretty funky place to live - There are a load of public and private rooms there and loads of students, so perhaps try there.

andy M

Hello Andy M.

Thank you very much for your interest.

I will try very hard to make new german friends, actually, whatever the condition is!!! I will learn German as soon as possible!!!

Actually, I am planning to apply "Wohnanlage Erwin-Rommel-Straße" Do you know anything about this place?

Or the "Studentenwohnheim Ratiborerstraße"???

I do not really know the conditions, I mean I have read the general things.

It is not in the city centre, as far as I can see from Google Maps.

But it is near the faculty and I think I can attend social events in the city.

At least there won't be any problem, I hope.