Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cinco de Mayo Mexican dinner

14 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Cinco De Mayo is coming up and I thought maybe we'd like to do dinner at a mexican restaurant?

Anyone interested?

~Rose

Ooohh!! Cinco de Mayo sounds deliscious! I know the perfect Mexican restaurant (with real Mexicans) but I'm not sure if I can make it because I'm going to a concert Monday night at the Columbianhalle!! But if it was early enough we could probably make it!

I haven't heard that the perfect Mexican restaurant exists in Berlin, so I'd love to hear about it...

I know of a few - but none have impressed me yet. So, yes, where's the perfect mexican restaurant?

As far as time goes - I'm thinking around 8PM - but it will depend on work a bit for me since I live so far out of the city.

~Rose

Wish I could join ya'll but I'm still in the States. Can highly recommend Viva Mexico on Chausseestrassestr. It's on the U6 between the Zinnowitzerstr. and Schwarzkopfstr. stops. The food is fantastic!!

Ok So, how about the place that's near Friedrichstr - (sorry, I don't know the name of it) or we could try:

Alcatraz

Bundesplatz 6,

10715 Berlin Wilmersdorf

http://www.alcatraz-berlin.de

which is close to the s& u bahn Bundesplatz (Sbahn Ring & U9)

Though I will note I've never been there before.

Well, here we are - anyone have a preference re one of the two above - or shall we bag the idea until September (the Mexican Independence Day)?

Im up for any of the places mention above. I've checked out Viva Mexico and I was pretty happy with both the food and the service.

But Alcatraz looked nice and if there's somewhere in friedrichstr I'm all game for that.

Ok so - since it's central - how about the place near s/ubahn Friedrichstr?

I can't remember the name of it - but if you come out of the Sbahn/Ubahn and you see the Billy Banks ice cream place - turn down the street so that's on your right and you're walking down a little alley way. I think that's Stadtbahnbogen...

The restaurant is on the left, almost across from the hotel... It's kind of a tex mex place - with green tables outside and a menu on the outside wall - it's before you get to the train overpass...

Anyone know the name?

oh my god i just realized this is today. i can't do anything, but i second Viva Mexico if anyone is looking for decent Mexican.

Thanks Deccie - that sounds right - I just couldn't remember the name since I haven't been there since last fall! (you're officially my hero!)

See You at 8PM (those of you coming along!)