Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Halo 2 (XBox computer game) now on sale in Munich

4 posts in this topic

Halo 2 was released Tuesday in the US and tonight I can testify it was for sale in Munich.

post-369-1100130397.jpg

In Odeonsplatz they were setting up all afternoon in front of the movie theater. The first couple of passes as I went to and from work earlier today gave me the impression that another coffee shop was going to open and the typical German over-the-top way was to put a big scaffolding up, install a curtain that you draw back with pomp and circumstance and a bunch of people in suits give golf claps and sip espresso. But this evening (in the dark) it was much more evident of what was happening. They had high riggings for suspended lights, search lights for the skies, fog machines, a red carpet and two custom Hummers with Halo 2 painted on the doors and hood. (Now if they just had a custom Warthog, that would have been something.) Munich teens were entering and exiting with their own copy of Halo 2. I didn't stay for espresso, btw.

I am sorry I didn't bring my camera. The hummers were cool.

The long awaited video game has new features and a US price tag of $49.99-59.99. People everywhere are expected to call in sick.

From MTV news

If a dip in the labor force does indeed impact the economy, Microsoft, the publisher and developer of "Halo 2," won't be suffering. More than 1.5 million copies of "Halo 2" were sold through pre-sale, and Microsoft is estimated to rake in more than $100 million after the first day. One of the improvements "Halo 2" has over the original is Xbox Live, the subscription service that allows players to compete against one another online. In its first day supporting "Halo 2," Xbox Live broke its one-day record for most users: At press time, more than 108,000 unique users were online trying to blast each other's brains out.

post-369-1100130718.jpg

Cool! Halo 2. Been waiting ages for this man, but gonna stick to finishing GTA first I reckon. Being a housewife is the life man.