English-speaking hair stylists in Nuremberg

26 posts in this topic

So I saw a few posts for different salons outside of Nürnberg, but what about us who actually live in the city and don't feel like trying to figure out how to get out of the city when there are 100 salons inside? I want to get my hair cut before I go back to the states, but I don't want to end up looking ridiculous because the stylist got confused because of my horrible german. Any suggestions?

Headline Hairdresser

Tucherstrasse 5

Nürnberg

49 (0) 911 225658

Ask for Thomas. His English is pretty good. He has been to London several times for training. He is usually booked out about 4 weeks, but if your lucky he has an opening. He is very good. Others that I have recommended him to were very happy, and became regular customers.

Do anyone else know any good hair dressers they would recommend? I went to Headline Hairdressers and they are fully booked until April!

Not sure of the name (Bidget maybe). Corner of HumboldtStrasse and BohnenStrasse (Aufsessplatz U1/11 then right on Humboldtstr for a 3 blocks or so). The owner is the best one. They don't speak English, at least not much if any. BUt they're good, and fairly cheap. The older woman (owner) is the best. They also do eyebrows.

Hairstylists are such a subjective topic, and I rarely, if ever, trumpet anybody's services. But in this case I'm going to make an exception: An excellent English-speaking stylist will be closing shop next month-- but that leaves a whole 4 weeks for everybody to get their hair tuned up in time for spring.

Her name is Chira (pronounced "cheer-uh"), and she works at the soon-to-be-closed Beautysalon Parsia just off the Nordring (address and contact info below). I have the standard guy haircut, basically a grown-out buzzcut, so it's pretty hard to screw this up (however, I've been on the receiving end of some hatchet jobs here, make no mistake). But my wife has a fairly complex hairstyle, and walked away from this place delighted-- she thought it was the best cut she's had in our time here, rivaling any $60+ job she's had back home. The corker is that this is astoundingly cheap: My cut was 13 EU; my wife paid something like 25 EU for a wash, cut & color (maybe that's why these guys are closing-- they didn't charge enough). How good is this person? I have her new work address, and we both plan on making the 25-minute drive out to Lauf where she will be working starting in April-- let's face it, when you find a good mechanic or a good hair person, you stick with them no matter where they go.

Her English is good, but not great-- certainly better than my German, and she understands better than she speaks. The one and only language barrier word I experienced is her pronounciation of the word gel-- instead of "jell," Chira calls it "gehl." If you can get past that, you're golden. The salon's last day is 28 March, and Chira takes Wednesdays off. If you're German is decent (or if you speak Greek), you may also want to try the salon's owner, Christina, who's no slouch as a stylist either, but she really doesn't speak any English.

Beautysalon Parsia

Kleinreuther Weg 75 [the corner of Kleinreuther & Nordring]

Ecke Nordring

90408 Nuremberg

0911 3506414 ph.

Cheers,

G

I know these posts are a bit older, but I just had to put my two cents in because I LOVE my hair stylist. The name of the salon is SANDRA B. and her name is Sandra (duh) her English is very good. She has traveled all around the world and is very "cool" for lack of a better word. I'm not sure how her prices stack up in Nuernberg because I've never used anyone else, but compared to the San Francisco prices I was paying, she is very reasonable and definitely worth it. I don't think they do nails or waxing there, but they have full hair (cut, color, perm, styling, etc.) and makeup services (used her for my wedding too).

Sandra B.

Innere Laufer Gasse 19

90403 Nürnberg, Germany

+49 911 8916469

LB

Her name is Chira (pronounced "cheer-uh"), and she works at the soon-to-be-closed Beautysalon Parsia just off the Nordring (address and contact info below). I have the standard guy haircut, basically a grown-out buzzcut, so it's pretty hard to screw this up (however, I've been on the receiving end of some hatchet jobs here, make no mistake). But my wife has a fairly complex hairstyle, and walked away from this place delighted-- she thought it was the best cut she's had in our time here, rivaling any $60+ job she's had back home. The corker is that this is astoundingly cheap: My cut was 13 EU; my wife paid something like 25 EU for a wash, cut & color (maybe that's why these guys are closing-- they didn't charge enough). How good is this person? I have her new work address, and we both plan on making the 25-minute drive out to Lauf where she will be working starting in April-- let's face it, when you find a good mechanic or a good hair person, you stick with them no matter where they go.

Hey there,

Could you please tell me Chiras new work address? I need a hair cut! :)

No problem, here we go:

Friseursalon Christina

Luitpoldstr. 8

91207 Lauf

Map

091 238 3211 phone

017 148 77664 alternate phone

From the old location (just off the Nordring), it's a 25-minute drive.

Hi

My hairdresser is GREEEAT, especially for colors...Little pricey (although they have a special on at the moment €79 color, cut & dry) but worth it as the color last for ages

Its called Zoe Cutting Club (with the furry yellow walls) , hairdresser is Dani (she owns the salon too, she speaks english)

Its on the same street as the California/Tapasitos bars

Josephsplatz 2a

90402 Nürnberg

Telefon: 0911 201 99 22

Hello, my names Sherri Im an american that just moved to Berlin and will be doing hair if anyones interested I have 10 years experience and I'm vidal sasson trained. I also do extentions. so for good prices and a list of services just let me know. Im trying to make my way here and so far sense I dont know very much German yet I cant get into a salon. Ive been in Rome for the past 3 years and they didnt seem to care that my Italian was alful and hired me anyway :) anyway Please contact me if you would like a good haircut or color or anything hair related :))) thx, sherri :blink:

Hello,

Does anyone know a cosmetics salon in Nuremberg or Bamberg where they do wax epilator?

I am not from the aria and any advise will help, address, phone # etc.

Thank you so much!!!

Hello everybody, I need help!!!

Do you know a salon located in Nuremberg or Bamberg where they do wax depilate?

I am not from this aria and I need phone # or an address so I can make a reservation.

Thank you for any advise.

For a man this one of the best parts about living abroad...I have some seriously deranged hair styles since moving to Germany LOL. It is alomst always an adventure for myself and the person doing the cutting. I have resorted to pointing to a picture in a styling book and hoping for the best. My wife of course is a little more peculiar about her hair so this is a very serious subject for her. I suspect that an American or other native english speaking type person who was trained in hair stayling could make some serious additional income, and possibly even earn a living, letting it be known that they are around to cut hair.

Hi NIKITA

Try wax in the city , they are clean, no appointment necessary and some therapists speak english (so does the receptionist) @ ludwigplatz 1 , in the mall, just next door to browns cafe/black bean cafe Tel: +49 (911) 394 36 26

Hello All, My name is George (Schorsch locally!) and I am a New York City stylist who is frequenting the area of Nuremberg and Bamberg. I am looking for private client who are in need of Hairdressing service. I am offering Private visits at this point in my home locations in both locations. However I am open to hearing of the possibilities of a Salon home that I could receive my clients. I have 20 years experience and have a large following in NYC. I am in this area often do to visiting close friends and giving a lot of thought to making a change of life here. I would love to hear about anyone interested in what I have to offer as a hairstylist as I am very well rounded and a very good listener when it comes to helping you with your tonsorial request and needs. I cater to both men and women and have a great way with children who are often afraid of the process of haircutting. My next visit to the area is From November the 14th through the 24th. I have the ability to travel in the area between Nuremberg, Bamberg and would love to take care of anyone in need of this kind of service. You mayb contact me at my email address Nfcritr@aol.com. Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing from you

George