McFit - a cheap 24hr gym

72 posts in this topic

If you know someone who is already with McFit, you can go in as a Guest. I do this with my girlfriend because I dont go as regularly as her.

So maybe try find someone. I use the one in Laim, or is this the only one in Munich??

I realize most gyms maionly offer 1 year memberships, but they often will also offer at least a monthly membership I think for people who are in town for a short period of time.

I use the Olympic Bath. Besides of beeing a bath, it has 2 fitness clubs inside. One is only for members - the one with the spinning bicycles - and the other one is free for all.

Entry fee is 3,80 Euro. There are 2 large training rooms in the basement, one is mixed and the other one is woman only.

They are open only from 17:00 to 22:00 Monday-Friday

and 14:00 to 19:00 Saturdays

and 14:00 to 18:00 Sundays

closed on public holidays.

The Olympic bath is open every day from 7:00 to 23:00

There are also other activities, an outside running group every wednesday 18:30 and different courses within the training rooms, like Aerobic, Thai-Bo ...

You need a 1 Euro coin for the locker and 10 cent for the hair-dryers.

You can even have it cheaper, if you get Freizeitsport Marken from the City Info, Marienplatz, at the Rathaus. A stripe with 4 do cost 10 Euro. They are valid until 30.Sep.2009

The Olympic Bath is a walk of 10 Minutes - because the middle bridge from the Subway is beeing renewed - from the Subway U3 Olympiazentrum.

check google maps: http://maps.google.de/?ie=UTF8&ll=48.1...mp;t=h&z=16

The Bridge on the Lilian-Board-Weg is closed at the moment. You walk from the "U" Olympiazentrum to the big building at Coubertinplatz.

Hi,

I am from Ireland, I am thinking or opening a McFit type Gym in Ireland and the UK - Looking for someone from an English speaking country who works or has worked in a McFit and may be interested in working in Ireland and the UK.

If anyone out there knows of someone let me know, we will be in germany in the next few weeks and would like to talk to someon about Mcfit!

i go to Mcfit and before i got a contract they let you go up to three times for free just to see if you like it (called Probetraining) and since there is more than 1 in munich you could just do that! i mean kinda shady but your only here for a month! the one i frequent is in Solln and there are always plenty of staff, it is clean and there are showers (no sauna) and i can always find at least one cardio machine to get on when its busy! i love it! the one at Liam is another story... dirty too big for not enough workers blah blah but the trainers always help you out (even if you dont want them to!)haha hope this helped!

Anyone know if the Mcfit membership is transferable? Like can I let my husband take over my membership? I'd rather start running outside, but he still needs the weight-lifting machines...

Hi All,

I'm looking to go to MCfit fitness. I don't want to sign a year contract.

I'm willing to share since you can bring guest.

I live in Laim very close by the Mcfit. If anyone please PM

Kind regards

Hey everyone.

I am moving to Munich next week and am probably here until September, so maybe for about 5 months. I would like to join a gym that is not too expensive. I am a bit put off by the 12 month contracts. In England over the last year a lot of gyms have popped up which have no contract and you just pay for a month at a time. I think they cost about 15 pounds a month (roughly 20 euro). Am I likely to find anything like that in Munich?

I would have been interested in this also but it looks like you still have to sign up for 12 months...and get pointed at by that shirtless guy.

post-8-13668133444053.jpg

I just signed up at FitStar. I have posted more info on this thread for anyone who is interested:

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=121559