McFit - a cheap 24hr gym

72 posts in this topic

A lot of info on McFit, but I haven't been able to find any info on proximity to the U-Bahn. Is the one at Taunusstrasse 45 close to the Frankfurter Ring stop on the U2? if not, can anyone comment on other public transportation options? Thanks!

Thank you so much KitKat! That's the 53 bus, right? Ya, that one also goes right by my flat. Thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it :-)

I don't think it is 53 actually, it's 141 or 140 (and maybe 17x something, not entirely sure)..

Its cheap because it requiers a contract.

Damn germany burocracies... havent found a gym worth it yet.

Everything seems to require a contract here.. at least at 17€ a month, you're only giving yourself 206€ of risk. Some gyms would rack this up in 3 months.

I think I said it before somewhere, but again, if you are there for a short time you can give them a copy of your contract and you have the option of paying a one off bill for the duration of your contract. 3 months is the minimum and I was able to sort this out very easily.

Current price is 16.90euros a month fee, plus 19euros one off setup cost.

The Landsbergerstrasse McFit is right next to the Bauhaus shop and M Park club, and you can get there on tram 18 or 19 from Hauptbahnhof Süd getting off at Lohnschtopp (haha or something like that, thats def spelt wrong).

You need your own padlock for the lockers but you can pay a couple of euros pfand from the McFit desk to borrow one, or why not just go into Bauhaus next door like everyone else does and buy one...

In my experience, its usually pretty rammed from 6pm-8pm but big enough to usually find something. Lots of "pretty boys" with their vests and vaseline though so watch out!

McFit's T&C's allow 1 month's notice if you are moving out of Munich, as opposed to the standard 3 months otherwise.

Presumably they will want a copy of the Abmeldung for the 1 month notice, so if you know in advance, it's probably still better to give the normal notice.

I read through some of the older posts on here talking about inexpensive gyms in Munich. I will be there for 2 weeks and was hoping to use a gym while I am there. I am not into frills or a big social scene. What is more important to me is something low cost and with lots of good equipment, primarily weight lifting equipment and free weights.

From what I read on here so far, McFit seems to be like the best match for me, but most of the posts about McFit were quite old so not sure how up to date the info was.

If anyone happens to know what they are charging now for a 1 month membership and how many locations they have in Munich I would appreciate it.

I know some people don't like McFit because there is very little staff support at all and apparently it gets quite crowded. I can avoid the crowds by going at the off-peak times and I don't need a trainer, so no problem there. I know they charge for using the showers too, but again, that doesn't bother me. As long as it is clean and well maintained I will be happy with the place.

So any up to date info on McFit in Munich would be much appreciated.

Topics merged by admin

Hi there,

I used Mcfit last year at off peak times and didn't need a trainer - it was perfect! Back then it cost ca. 19 euros per month. I can highly recommend it for people who know what they're doing and don't need any help from the trainers. :-)

They don't have showers - that never bothered me because I never have a shower at the gym anyway (prefer my own shower at home).

I am a member at McFit. They DO have showers (well, the one in Laim does anyway, and I would assume they're all the same), but you have to pay 50c to use them. No big deal since the monthly fee is only 16,90 €, which allows you to use the gym 24 hours a day (for me the biggest advantage over other, more expensive gyms; I often go around 7:00am, when it's pretty empty and the people are friendly).

No frills: no sauna, no courses. I have never been a member at another gym so can't make the comparison about the trainers, but I find them fine...they often come up to me and give me tips (as I'm not someone who knows exactly what I'm doing, but there's usually someone on hand to help).

But my information is mainly for other people looking for updates on McFit, because as OG said, it has a minimum 1 yr contract (one time joining fee of 19€, and you can skip a month per year without them charging), so probably not suitable fort the OP.

Thanks for all the feedback/info.

I realize most gyms maionly offer 1 year memberships, but they often will also offer at least a monthly membership I think for people who are in town for a short period of time.

My brother phoned both McFit and Elixia for me. McFit told him they would do a 1 month membership, but that I would need to go in myself to get the price. Elixia told him they would offer it for 100 Euro, which is a bit expensive considering I may only use it 6-8 times in the 2 week period I will be there. Maybe McFit will be a bit less for 1 month if I go there myself.

well i dont think so, i was a member in berlin-wedding and they had no saunas plus it was 50c for the showers there. and usually there is only one service person and one trainer. sometimes 2, when its busy. but then again that was in berlin.

And it's cheap.. but what about that sauna? No mention in the site...