McFit - a cheap 24hr gym

72 posts in this topic

I've been a customer of QuickFit in Unterföhring from almost the day they opened. The place is always clean and never crowded. They have plenty of equipment and lots of room.

Only drawback is the 50 cent shower price.

€9,90 for a 24 month contract, with a one time registration fee of a few €.

I was wondering if any Toytowners are members of the Bundeswehr gym?

Its on the Universitaet der Bundeswehr site in Neubiberg and it costs 15,-€ per quarter so 60,-€ per year for the gym but they also have more facilities at extra cost such as a Swimming Pool and Tennis Courts.

Here's a link to the website, tho it's a bit crappy.

@Dangeross

What is the gym like in terms of facilities ?

what are the opening hours ?

Does any belong to(or even been to) the McFit in Milbertshofen? Their website is pretty sparse(can't think of another word). Like do they have any fitness classes or anything?

@ Dangeross

€16 one time fee , no fitness tests , now answer my question on the Bundeswehr gym pls

Sorry dude, not been there for a while now as i can't get in there any more :(

They have a good selection of loose weights, one or two of each fixed weights machines and about 5 of each of a small selection of cardo machines (bikes, crosstrainers, running, spinning, rowing)

Pretty basic and no thrills but a good selection to build muscle as you would expect from a Bundeswehr gym.

I believe its always open as it's inside the uni complex and there are not normally any staff in there.

what about any minimum sign up period for McFit?

I just signed up for a year at a women's gym called Fit for Life Princess, there is a pool, unlimited drinks, sauna, showers, yoga, sunbeds, steambath, knieppe, and tons of great classes and machines. for only 54.90 per month. I prefer a women's only gym, and the yoga is a must for me.

Steinhauserstr by the Leuchtenberger ring, between Einsteinstr and Prinzregentenstr, just up from Prinzregentenpl. They also have for an extra 20 a month a cellulite massage machine.

Say I sent you, then I get a bonus!

Well I went to try the McFit gym on Landsbergerstr and I have to say I was quite impressed.

Lots of machines, especially cardo which is just what I need at the moment. Very clean, trainers are very helpful. I will definately be going back there.

The contract is for 12 months, but you can always cancel it giving 6 weeks notice. 16,00EUR sign on fee + memebership card and 15,90EUR per month fee. Bargin.

more details dangeross. can you shower there? what about changing rooms. can lock up things? any other membership types, like less than 12 months? thanks.

There are showers in the changing rooms, not sure what they are like, i'll check them out next time I go. I do believe you have to pay for them though.

Lots of lockers are also located in the changing rooms but if you want to lock them you'll either have to ask at reception to borrow a padlock or take one with you.

I do believe that they only offer the 12 month contact as standard but I didn't ask if they have longer or shorter contacts. I would guess 15,90EUR would be a standard fee anyway and as I said before you can always cancel giving 6 weeks notice.

well I have been to Mcfit and I think it is great. Okay it is a bit cheap and cheerful, but there is a good selection of machines to use and weights, you never have to actually wait for a machine (at least at the times I go), the staff will help you if you need. You need to bring a padlock for the lockers and the showers are fifty cents for five minutes. I have been going there for about two weeks now and I had forgotten how much satisfying it is to get back into the gym and do some weights and the sense of wellbeing you get afterwards.